FastingFasting and Supplementation

JohnnySilver

Fasting and Supplementation

Post by JohnnySilver »

Hi! To those who do IF including prolonged fasting, do you still take your supplement stack on your fasting period or squeeze everything on your eating window? Thanks.

Newage

Re: Fasting and Supplementation

Post by Newage »

JohnnySilver wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 pm Hi! To those who do IF including prolonged fasting, do you still take your supplement stack on your fasting period or squeeze everything on your eating window? Thanks.

I take my water soluble vitamins including NMN and NAD+ with filtered water in the morning during intermittent fasting as from all reports it does not affect the fast as the supplements contain minimum kilojoules if any.
My fat soluble vitamins I take with the first meal of the Day around 11am.
I intermittent fast from 5 or 6pm to about 11am or 12 the following day.

JohnnySilver

Post by JohnnySilver »

Thanks Newage!

As much as i want to do daily IF, it really doesnt match my workout schedule early in the morning since i also take my protein supplementation immediately after workout. 

i just resorted to once a week 24 Hr fast and would probably schedule my supplementation off days during this period. 
Newage

Post by Newage »

JohnnySilver wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:36 am Thanks Newage!

As much as i want to do daily IF, it really doesnt match my workout schedule early in the morning since i also take my protein supplementation immediately after workout. 

i just resorted to once a week 24 Hr fast and would probably schedule my supplementation off days during this period. 

That’s the advantage of being older and mostly retired JohnnySilver. Every day is a weekend.
Plenty of time to juggle supplements, training
and intermittent fasting.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I take my supplements almost every day, except with NMN where I take a day or sometimes 2 off each week. NMN sublingual tablets and also the SL powder is designed to be very bioavailable.

The only thought I have about the others is that there is likely greater absorption with food. So even in a full day fast, I may take my supplements with yoghurt or even a slice of bread.

My list, or stack is pretty extensive, so i am sure they are going to be absorbed much better on a full stomach

I never thought fasting would be so easy - but i don't notice anything - even if i workout or run.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Newage wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:37 pm
JohnnySilver wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:36 am Thanks Newage!

That’s the advantage of being older and mostly retired JohnnySilver. Every day is a weekend.
Plenty of time to juggle supplements, training
and intermittent fasting.

Yep newage you got the life mate!

Newage

Post by Newage »

Hopefully with all this effort “ a long and prosperous life” drkris69. As I have mentioned before we are mostly all in uncharted territory with longevity, so we will have to see..
Although a 35 year old attractive blonde ask me for a coffee the other day.....
Apparently she had run out of money. 😂
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree Newage, I will be getting a huge dose of Stem Cells in May. I will be adding this to the mix maybe every couple of years. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic