NMNNMN attenuates cardiac fibrosis

AlbertY

NMN attenuates cardiac fibrosis

Post by AlbertY »

Cardiac fibrosis is a pathological hallmark of progressive heart diseases currently lacking effective treatment. Here is a new study shows that NMN could attenuate cardiac fibrosis in vivo and fibroblast activation in vitro by suppressing oxidative stress and acetylation in a NAD+/SIRT1-dependent manner.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33675899/

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
drkris69

Re: NMN attenuates cardiac fibrosis

Post by drkris69 »

Wow, great article AlbertY and thanks for sharing.. I think NMN in the body, has an overall decrease in Oxidative stress. From the article, It is great to see that NMN is good for the heart! :D

smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

This is really  interesting, as it seems to be working somewhat as a senolytic in that it is going after scar tissue and/or inflammatory cells. Really interesting indeed.

Makes me think that we can expect to see some age reversal even within the heart as we learn to laser focus our list of items for our bidy's best benefit.

I know canadahealthy was looking for info about this. I will share the link with them.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Hey smokinjoe.

Thank you for letting me know. Yes, I am very interested in this kind of thing.

I know too much about organ tissue damage, for various reasons. It is nice to know we are getting a growing tool box  to reverse the damages of time or physical injuries to our bodies that we accumulate over time.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Technology is exploding in the health and wellness arena. What a great time to be alive!  :D

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

canadahealthy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm Hey smokinjoe.

Thank you for letting me know. Yes, I am very interested in this kind of thing.

I know too much about organ tissue damage, for various reasons. It is nice to know we are getting a growing tool box  to reverse the damages of time or physical injuries to our bodies that we accumulate over time.

I agree - getting into scar tissue is quite a feat. especially in the heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic