FastingThe 7 day rapamycin fast

ArriusLion22

Re: The 7 day rapamycin fast

Post by ArriusLion22 »

How does exercise leads to inhibition of mTORC1 since its a factor that activates in in the first place? Especially when the diet factors are on point (ex.sufficient nutrients and amino acids such as leucine and BCAA's,caloric surplus, etc and let us not forget insulin's role and especially insulin sensitivity and glycogen replacement in muscles).Exercise leads to muscle fibber damage which is a crucial aspect in Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and also contributes to the muscle hyperplasia which is the multiplication of muscle cells. And since mTOR leads to cell multiplication, how can exercise suppress it given the above?

Lawswood Claims is a Claim Management Company in the UK. We provide Injury Claims services which include Accident Claims, Accident At Work Claims, Medical Negligence Claims, Whiplash Claims and Slips Trips and Falls Claims.
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

Why did you call it rapamycin fast? Is rapamycin involved or you just mean to mimic the rapamycin treatment by fasting?

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Newage

Post by Newage »

AlbertY wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 am Why did you call it rapamycin fast? Is rapamycin involved or you just mean to mimic the rapamycin treatment by fasting?

I think the fast is to create the mimic effect..

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

AlbertY wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 am Why did you call it rapamycin fast? Is rapamycin involved or you just mean to mimic the rapamycin treatment by fasting?

Hi Albert
I had a lengthy discussion with Fred and another user here and they explained that the fast (5-7 days 500 calories or so, no more than 15g or protein per day)  would reproduce the effects of being treated with rapamycin / Sirolimus.

So... getting my rap on!
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

RobSmith wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:03 am I don't know about 7 days, having failed at 45 hours first time I tried a fast back in January, but I'm just embarking on my second attempt and aiming for 3 days (plus a few hours) water only as I believe autophagy really kicks in on day 3 (and I'm not looking to lose any weight).

So 45 hours for my first water/green tea/black coffee only fast, 76 hours for my second one and just finished my third one after 91 hours. 
Have to say it becomes easier every time. 
Also this time round I didn't make the mistake of trying to keep up the aerobic exercise, but just kept up the strength training. I think this made a big difference. 

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Hey Rob,
Not sure if you were around when Fred was making regular contributions, but it seems the rapamycin effect can be achieved within 5 days as well. I guess NLs was going for the rapamycin as well as weight loss.

Great going though. This is some serious fasting.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I can only imagine how hard it would be to do anything for at least the first day. Or the second, or the third! lol

But this is a nice way to lose weight and it can be healthy too. I would find it very hard to do it in a house full of eaters.

I think NewLifeScience did it while isolating for 2 weeks after travelling to another province.

But i think this is a bit easier in the summer.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

CeeJayBee wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 am But this is a nice way to lose weight and it can be healthy too. I would find it very hard to do it in a house full of eaters.

Well I do live in a house full of eaters and bakers, and they also enjoy watching their cookery programmes on TV so I'm really not sure how I manage it !!!
Anyway, weight loss was about 1kg per day (not that I was trying to lose weight as I'm 77Kg/170lbs at 190cm/6ft2.5 - 73Kg at the end of it) but it's all about the autophagy for me. Hopefully I've cleared out a bunch of senescent cells.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

My weight loss journey essentially started with an extreme 7 day fast. I think i will end it on a 5 day fast/

I actually find it easier to fast when i have a lot to do. I have a 22 foot tiny home base sitting in my yard (on a tandem axle trailer frame) and I think i am going to get started on it. And fast for the first few days.

Lumber has sky-rocketed in Canada lately due to the pandemic, but i already bought to 2x4s for this project. I think i will build the frame and then spend a few bucks on plywood. I plan to sell it once it is framed up. I will put a roof on it. And then sell it as a kit.

That's a lot of big plans...

Let's see if I do any of it.

:)
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Well, you'll certainly meet your weight loss goal, if that is enough motivation.

You are truly inspiring.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic