FastingWhat kind of fasting do you do with NMN daily?

JanCOhio

What kind of fasting do you do with NMN daily?

Post by JanCOhio »

I have fasted before... but it has been a long time. Now that I am taking NMN 250mg, daily... any ideas what kind of fasting would go best?

RobSmith

Re: What kind of fasting do you do with NMN daily?

Post by RobSmith »

I don't think anyone knows for sure what an optimal fasting length is, especially as there is no known way of measuring autophagy (having that happen is a key point of fasting aside from losing weight). I have heard many people say though that 3+ days on a water only diet is when it feels like some autophagy might be taking place as this is the time frame when all aches and pains have been said to disappear. 
Having said that, if you haven't fasted for a long time, you probably need to build up slowly e.g. 1 day for the first time, 36 hours or 2 days second time etc. and of course, if you start feeling ill, stop immediately. Then build up slowly again - eventually it will all come easily and you'll cruise through  days feeling great. 
The other thing to remember is that food contains a lot of liquid that you must replace by drinking - probably double what you might normally drink during the day. 
One last thing to say, green tea is a good appetite suppressant and like black coffee, neither are considered as breaking a fast. 

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

The other thing to remember is that fasting boosts the body's NAD levels i.e. free NAD :) - so I typically take less NMN (so I cycle down a little or none) on days when I am trying to trigger autophagy.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I don't relate one to the other.. (i know they both boost NAD+) but I take my NMN 5-6 times per week, in the AM.

I alternate days when i fast one or two meals. Occasionally, perhaps once or twice monthly i have been fasting an entire day.

At this point, I am not weak or have less energy when i fast at all.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

As for me, I like the 18hr fast. And on the fast days I will only consume protein in a 6 hr time frame.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Typical day for us is to eat breakfast, skip lunch, and then have a light dinner.  We don't do a "pure" fast in that breakfast does include a latte with full fat milk!   :D

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

I typically will fast one meal every second day, usually lunch. Twice a week i skip breakfast and lunch.

On the one day a month I am going for a full day fast, I will still take my NMN that day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic