LongevityArticle: "8 Surprisingly Easy Ways to De-Stress at Home, From a Longevity Doctor"

OzSport

Article: "8 Surprisingly Easy Ways to De-Stress at Home, From a Longevity Doctor"

Post by OzSport »

I quite enjoyed reading this article as the tips were somewhat different to the usual tips you get from similar types of articles; the focus is more on mental and emotional health:

https://thebeet.com/8-surprisingly-easy ... ty-doctor/

drkris69

Re: Article: "8 Surprisingly Easy Ways to De-Stress at Home, From a Longevity Doctor"

Post by drkris69 »

Great article Ozsport! Its true when we are stressed there will be less blood going to the kidneys which is not good and can lead to a host of other problems.
NewLifeScience

Re: Article: "8 Surprisingly Easy Ways to De-Stress at Home, From a Longevity Doctor"

Post by NewLifeScience »

drkris69 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 pm Great article Ozsport! Its true when we are stressed there will be less blood going to the kidneys which is not good and can lead to a host of other problems.

I don't know about the typical stresses of life... but in very high stress situations, i have opted to take a short nap. The body calms down when you are resting your brain.

The other thing i have begun to do, especially with the confinement and isolation of this pandemic, is to get out for a walk or even a drive to change the scenery. It also helps my mom when we felt she was getting a bit of 'cabin fever'.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

drkris69 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 pm Great article Ozsport! Its true when we are stressed there will be less blood going to the kidneys which is not good and can lead to a host of other problems.

Glad you enjoyed the article, drkris69!  I wasn't aware that there would be less blood going to the kidneys due to stress, interesting stuff indeed!

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:13 pm

I don't know about the typical stresses of life... but in very high stress situations, i have opted to take a short nap. The body calms down when you are resting your brain.

The other thing i have begun to do, especially with the confinement and isolation of this pandemic, is to get out for a walk or even a drive to change the scenery. It also helps my mom when we felt she was getting a bit of 'cabin fever'.

Those are great ways to help manage stress, NewLifeScience!  

Another tip I've learned in regards to de-stressing in stressful situations is to stop what you're doing, and breathe deeply in and out for at least 5 breaths...this helps to refocus things and is an exercise that can be done anywhere.  :)
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I see that stress is about as bad for our bodies as smoking or getting ill, so i agree it is important to have solutions to reduce it and recover after a lengthy time of stress.

One thing i have done is watch good stand up comedians. Some really good family safe ones. Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Dennis Regan, and pretty much any comedian associated with the 'Dry Bar' comedy club.

My mom is an evangelical Christian .. so until recently, there wasn't a lot of appropriate standup (other than Jerry Seinfeld, and the now defrocked Bill Cosby). But there is a lot more now.
Newage

Post by Newage »

JanCOhio wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:00 pm I see that stress is about as bad for our bodies as smoking or getting ill, so i agree it is important to have solutions to reduce it and recover after a lengthy time of stress.

One thing i have done is watch good stand up comedians. Some really good family safe ones. Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Dennis Regan, and pretty much any comedian associated with the 'Dry Bar' comedy club.

My mom is an evangelical Christian .. so until recently, there wasn't a lot of appropriate standup (other than Jerry Seinfeld, and the now defrocked Bill Cosby). But there is a lot more now.

Welcome to the forum JanCOhio.
Yes, you are right in suggesting that stress is as bad if not worse than a lot of the identifiable illnesses. The ability for stress to have a “snowball effect” is a real concern as it can increase in size and severity as it rolls along.
It can be a hidden significant factor in these uncertain pandemic times that we now live in.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic