Miscellaneous TopicsPEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

drkris69

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by drkris69 »

LOL,.......that is "above par" behavior my friend! Im 50 now and I can just hope by the time Im 70, I will have the energy to hang with you!!! :D

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am UPDATE:

I have pushed forward with PEMF therapy at my physiotherapists. Although very interested with how promising the technology looks, my physiotherapist does not and most likely will not have access to this tool. it would also be a huge cost to me as my private insurance would not cover it due to the lack of published studies.

HOWEVER, he has sent me down a path of proven bone mending technology called EXOGEN by Bioventus that should be covered pending my orthopaedic surgeons prescription. It uses LIPUS (low intensity pulsed ultrasound) that heals bones in three ways; stimulation, activation, and up-regulation as they claim.

Anyone ever heard or used this?
I have heard of LIPUS and have seen it work in the horse racing world. I have never seen it applied in the human world and would like to know how it works for you.
Drdavid,

I will definitely keep you posted with this. I am waiting to see my surgeon for him to prescribe me with the unit. For some reason I need to go back and get more x rays for him to justify the prescription though. I am assuming he is just doing the standard protocol we all know as "CYA".
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 pm Vandevalk1 have you considered checking some of your Chiropractors in your area? They may have a PEMF machine. I have 4 offices here that utilize PEMF into our functional medicine program. Look up or google functional medicine providers in your area and Im sure there's one maybe two there.....hope this helps. :D
Thanks Drkris69

My chiropractor works out of the same practice as my physiotherapist, so I know they do not have a PEMF machine. but I will definitely take your advice and do a search to see if I can find anyone with this machine. Why not take as many avenues to recovery as possible!?
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:30 pm By the way Exogen is a bone stimulator. It has a certain frequency that stimulates the bone to become more osteoblastic which in turn builds more bone or makes it stronger in the area thats being treated. Almost like a TENS unit for muscle strains. Exogen is nothing like PEMF just so you know.. PEMF is basically dumping a ton of energy into your body which in turn aids in healing almost everything. ;)
Thanks for the breakdown,

I'm begining to think I just buy one of my own to use all the time! Only if it wasn't so expensive!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Roger that my friend..
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 am
drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:30 pm By the way Exogen is a bone stimulator. It has a certain frequency that stimulates the bone to become more osteoblastic which in turn builds more bone or makes it stronger in the area thats being treated. Almost like a TENS unit for muscle strains. Exogen is nothing like PEMF just so you know.. PEMF is basically dumping a ton of energy into your body which in turn aids in healing almost everything. ;)
I agree with Dr Kris. Your doctor is using what they have available. If you could gain access to PEMF you could use both simultaneously.
I think this is what I will try to do. the PEMF might just be a bit harder to locate. unless I purchase my own... :?
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 pm
drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 pm Vandevalk1 have you considered checking some of your Chiropractors in your area? They may have a PEMF machine. I have 4 offices here that utilize PEMF into our functional medicine program. Look up or google functional medicine providers in your area and Im sure there's one maybe two there.....hope this helps. :D
Vandevalk1.
I have just jumped up off the PEMF full body mat for my 2nd of 3 x 10 min sessions for today.
And I mean “JUMPED” up.
Take drkris69 and Drdavids advice and keep on trying to find a PEMF system that could be made available to you for your arm and the many other positive benefits... :D
Man, you guys are really selling it. I may just pull the trigger. I also have a herniated disc. any remedies for that? (I may start a new thread for back pain).
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

p75213 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 pm Has anybody looked on AliBaba? There are plenty of pemf mats for quite reasonable prices. Affordable to most people. Many of the suppliers also sell in lots of 1, so anybody can purchase from them.
Thanks for the tip p75213! I'll look into Alibaba. have you purchased off this website before? are they reputable?

thanks!
Newage

Post by Newage »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:45 pm
p75213 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 pm Has anybody looked on AliBaba? There are plenty of pemf mats for quite reasonable prices. Affordable to most people. Many of the suppliers also sell in lots of 1, so anybody can purchase from them.
Thanks for the tip p75213! I'll look into Alibaba. have you purchased off this website before? are they reputable?

thanks!
Vandevalk1.
Be careful with your future purchase if any.
As I said my system is authentic and I’m not sure if there are any “ Knock up replica Systems” out there that may not deliver the goods.. :roll:
Newage

Post by Newage »

I’m not sure about in Canada but my PEMF Therapy System can definitely be purchased in the States..Also it might pay to check with drkris69 to see what PEMF Therapy system that he has in his practice?
I could probably find out for you, who and where from in the States to purchase, if you decide to go further with it..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic