LongevityRapamycin for longevity: opinion article

Fred

Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article

Post by Fred »

"Abstract

From the dawn of civilization, humanity has dreamed of immortality. So why didn’t the discovery of the anti-aging properties of mTOR inhibitors change the world forever?

I will discuss several reasons, including fear of the actual and fictional side effects of rapamycin, everolimus and other clinically-approved drugs, arguing that no real side effects preclude their use as anti-aging drugs today.

Furthermore, the alternative to the reversible (and avoidable) side effects of rapamycin/everolimus are the irreversible (and inevitable) effects of aging: cancer, stroke, infarction, blindness and premature death.

I will also discuss why it is more dangerous not to use anti-aging drugs than to use them and how rapamycin-based drug combinations have already been implemented for potential life extension in humans. If you read this article from the very beginning to its end, you may realize that the time is now."

https://www.aging-us.com/article/102355/text?sfns=mo

NewLifeScience

Re: Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article

Post by NewLifeScience »

Fred wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:42 pm "Abstract

From the dawn of civilization, humanity has dreamed of immortality. So why didn’t the discovery of the anti-aging properties of mTOR inhibitors change the world forever?

I will discuss several reasons, including fear of the actual and fictional side effects of rapamycin, everolimus and other clinically-approved drugs, arguing that no real side effects preclude their use as anti-aging drugs today.

Furthermore, the alternative to the reversible (and avoidable) side effects of rapamycin/everolimus are the irreversible (and inevitable) effects of aging: cancer, stroke, infarction, blindness and premature death.

I will also discuss why it is more dangerous not to use anti-aging drugs than to use them and how rapamycin-based drug combinations have already been implemented for potential life extension in humans. If you read this article from the very beginning to its end, you may realize that the time is now."

https://www.aging-us.com/article/102355/text?sfns=mo
hey Fred, so how long do you think it'll take before we have a safer alternative for rapamycin ?
Fred

Post by Fred »

NewLifeScience wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:01 pm hey Fred, so how long do you think it'll take before we have a safer alternative for rapamycin ?
Hey, like other rapalogs? Drug development can take 10-15 years from molecule to prescription. But if FDA makes aging a reimbursable disease/syndrome when the TAME-trials are done in a couple of years perhaps it will move faster.

You can lower mTOR activity by keeping protein intake to the recommended 0.75-0.8 g/kg.

Protein is pro-aging and pro-disease when overconsumed like it is in all western or affluent countries.

You don't want increased growth and proliferation when you're an adult. That is why rapamycin works. It decreases growth and cell proliferation.

Also periods of fasting with very low protein (less than 15 g a day) will work like rapamycin. You can do a fasting-mimicking (FMD) diet yourself. I do.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Fred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 am Also periods of fasting with very low protein (less than 15 g a day) will work like rapamycin. You can do a fasting-mimicking (FMD) diet yourself. I do.
this is exactly the information I was looking for. thank you
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Fred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 am Also periods of fasting with very low protein (less than 15 g a day) will work like rapamycin. You can do a fasting-mimicking (FMD) diet yourself. I do.
this is exactly the information I was looking for. thank you
also exactly what I was looking for Fred thank you
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thank you NewLifeScience and Canadahealthy,

I must add, for the low protein strategy to work you also need to have a limit on how many kcal your FMD has. 0-10 kcal/kg. The Prolon fasting kits have about 750 kcal a day.

I make a 200 kcal vegan broth with 6 grams of protein (no beans, and animal protein is too complete, not good for this purpose) and spread that out over 2-3 servings a day for either 5 or 7 days.

It is amazingly effective on aching joints, acne or stuffy noses for example. All conditions worsened and partially caused by inflammation.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Fred wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:38 am
I must add, for the low protein strategy to work you also need to have a limit on how many kcal your FMD has. 0-10 kcal/kg. The Prolon fasting kits have about 750 kcal a day.
Erm, could you please translate into English for us uneducated folks? :lol:
Fred

Post by Fred »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 am
Fred wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:38 am
Erm, could you please translate into English for us uneducated folks? :lol:
Ok ^^. Do the fast for 5-7 days and eat between 0-750 kcal per day, depending on how strong stem cell regeneration and rejuvenation you want.

I've chosen 200 kcal because 0 kcal water only fasting makes me nauseus.

Do this fast 2-6 times per year. Every month if you're overweight, until you're not and then reduce the fasts to every other or third month.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I wish I could do this but my job is physical seeing and working on patients all day. Even though I can't, I know this type of low cal no protein diet is the way to go as far as decreasing inflammation in the body.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Speaking of rapamycin, I would like to know what would be the daily dose for humans. Is it 1mg per day? I think it would be cool to run a short protocol and see if there's a change. :) To purchase this stuff.....is expensive, roughly 100.00 per 1mg.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic