LongevityInflammation, cancer and other diseases

CeeJayBee

Inflammation, cancer and other diseases

Post by CeeJayBee »

it has long been my observation that inflammation is the enemy.

if you suffer chronic inflammation in a part of your body, you are in an extremely elevated risk situation to develop cancer there.

i guess i am asking some of our experts, what are the best weapons we can buy, here or otherwise to fight inflammation in our body?

Newage

Re: Inflammation, cancer and other diseases

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm it has long been my observation that inflammation is the enemy.

if you suffer chronic inflammation in a part of your body, you are in an extremely elevated risk situation to develop cancer there.

i guess i am asking some of our experts, what are the best weapons we can buy, here or otherwise to fight inflammation in our body?
I take a lot of high quality Turmeric with high levels of the beneficial active ingredients.
One of Nature’s most potent natural anti inflammatory agents... :idea:
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

CeeJayBee, you've hit on a topic that is crucial to longevity. Inflammation is often the first step towards healing however, unresolved inflammation can lead to or worsen health conditions like heart disease, and cancer as well as autoimmune conditions – illnesses that have become epidemic in the West. The best way to fight it? Food! Source organic meat and dairy products that are antibiotic and hormone free, buy low fat versions of dairy and pastured meat to reduce the intake of inflammation causing saturated fats. Also you can decrease the carcinogenic effect of inflammatory foods like meat by eating it rare as opposed to well done and consume cold water fish and their oils like salmon and tuna. Pretty simple stuff that will make a huge difference.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm it has long been my observation that inflammation is the enemy.

I am not replying as an expert, but there are a number of foods that have anti-inflammatory properties, i am posting a link to a Harvard health magazine publication that lists foods causing inflammation and those preventing it. Missing from this list are spices.. some of which are known, i can list some below:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... flammation

Spices like turmeric (found in curry) have a great reputation, but as i understand it, hot spices, like peppers, despite their being hot, are excellent anti-inflammatories.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Newage wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

I take a lot of high quality Turmeric with high levels of the beneficial active ingredients.
I have read that adding black pepper to your turmeric regiment ups the bioavailability of the turmeric by 2000%

I put turmeric in my smoothie and add some ground black pepper. You can’t even taste the pepper!
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

Newage wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Qunol turmeric has been extremely effective for myself. After adding krill oil and astaxanthin I have very low inflammation, if any at all. Being in a line of work that is physically taxing, this daily regimen (exception is on Sunday) has been amazing for my health.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

i've also researched inflammation and consider it to be the biggest enemy to our health. i was recently watching JRE and listening to Dr. Rhonda Patrick about serious inflammation existing just with obesity.

also the whole gut bacteria thing is another big issue.. if we aren't eating right (enough fibre, too much sugars and simple carbs)

So in addition to modifying to our behaviour, we should be taking every measure to reduce inflammation anywhere you can.
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:27 pm i've also researched inflammation and consider it to be the biggest enemy to our health. i was recently watching JRE and listening to Dr. Rhonda Patrick about serious inflammation existing just with obesity.

also the whole gut bacteria thing is another big issue.. if we aren't eating right (enough fibre, too much sugars and simple carbs)

So in addition to modifying to our behaviour, we should be taking every measure to reduce inflammation anywhere you can.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Controlling Inflammation is the “be all, end all”
to the body feeling great.
If you have ever taken a non steroidal anti inflammatory like Mobic for a couple of days, you will have experienced how good the body feels whilst you are on this medication...
The trick is to get your inflammation levels down naturally to the same as the prescription drug does and you will have the same feeling 24/7..
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Consistent exercise is also key in the fight against inflammation - even just 20 minutes a day helps! :D

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/P ... atory.aspx
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

This thread has contributed a lot of good information about inflammation. Here are a couple of research articles that back up what has been posted. In the past few months we have seen some incredible changes in inflammatory markers in patients that have been on a regimen of NAD. I believe that this is a promising fact and will continue to show in future research. Curcumin has shown positive results in reducing inflammation and has been used for centuries in alternative forms of medicine. We are now seeing in research that this "alternative" medicine has been right!

Foods. 2017 Oct; 6(10): 92.
Published online 2017 Oct 22. doi: 10.3390/foods6100092
PMCID: PMC5664031
PMID: 29065496
Curcumin: A Review of Its’ Effects on Human Health
Susan J. Hewlings1,2,* and Douglas S. Kalman3,4
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/

PLoS One. 2014; 9(1): e85335.
Published online 2014 Jan 14. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085335
PMCID: PMC3891813
PMID: 24454842
Changes in Oxidative Damage, Inflammation and [NAD(H)] with Age in Cerebrospinal Fluid
Jade Guest, 1 , 2 Ross Grant, 2 , 3 , * Trevor A. Mori, 4 and Kevin D. Croft 4
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3891813/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic