NAD+ PreserversAlternative to Resveratrol

FuryQuaker

Alternative to Resveratrol

Post by FuryQuaker »

I've decided to try something other than Resveratrol in combination with NMN for sirtuin actiation. Right now I take Quercetin and Berberin, and I eat a spoonful of olive oil to get Tyrosol.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Resveratrol is necessary?

Drdavid

Re: Alternative to Resveratrol

Post by Drdavid »

Why dont you want to take resveratrol?
Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

FuryQuaker wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 pm I've decided to try something other than Resveratrol in combination with NMN for sirtuin actiation. Right now I take Quercetin and Berberin, and I eat a spoonful of olive oil to get Tyrosol.

I use pterostilbene instead of resveratrol as resveratrol makes me feel "edgey" after using for a while....
Fred

Post by Fred »

FuryQuaker wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 pm Do you think Resveratrol is necessary?
When they screened thousands of naturally occurring molecules in the early 2000s resveratrol was found to be the most potent sirtuin-activating compound of them.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

ENOUGH SAID! :ugeek:
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

FuryQuaker wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 pm I've decided to try something other than Resveratrol in combination with NMN for sirtuin actiation. Right now I take Quercetin and Berberin, and I eat a spoonful of olive oil to get Tyrosol.

I think the stuff you are taking (berberine to supplement for metformin) and maybe querticin as a Sirtuin Activator are good to take, but i do not think they replace the actions of resveratrol

Pterostilbene is another Stilbenoid like resversatrol so it can be considered a replacement.
rhett

Post by rhett »

Pterostilbene has been studied as having a lot of the same effects as resveretatrol. I personally can't take resveratrol (migraines) but I tolerate pterostilbene just fine. 
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I think Fisetin (which now comes is an LSG oral product  by ABS) is a great alternative, as well as Olive Oil (oleic acid).
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree smokinjoe, those would be the best alternatives.
Newage

Post by Newage »

I’m about to start on the Mayo Clinic Fisetin protocol along with taking Fisetin daily as part of the ABS Optimizer Series and also consume 
30 to 50mls of Pure Virgin Olive Oil on a daily basis as 5 days on all supplements and 2 days off everything per week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic