Healthy Aging News and ResearchNew Research Furthers Case for Exercise Promoting Youthfulness

jocko6889

New Research Furthers Case for Exercise Promoting Youthfulness

Post by jocko6889 »

There has been a lot of news recently about the use of so-called "Yamanaka factors", four special genes in our DNA that when turned on, can roll back the age of cells in mice to a much younger state. Now, in a newly published study in the Journal of Physiology, it was shown that exercise alone can stimulate one of these four anti-aging Yamanaka genes (called Myc) into rolling back the epigenetic age of muscle tissue in older mice.

In this groundbreaking study, the researchers compared mice that had access to a weighted exercise wheel with mice that had undergone epigenetic reprogramming using Yamanaka factors.
"Ultimately, the team determined that exercise promotes a molecular profile consistent with epigenetic partial programming. That is to say: exercise can mimic aspects of the molecular profile of muscles that have been exposed to Yamanaka factors (thus displaying molecular characteristics of more youthful cells). This beneficial effect of exercise may in part be attributed to the specific actions of Myc in muscle."
So it seems as though these researchers have uncovered a way that the body is able to turn these anti-aging genes on naturally, at least in muscle tissue. No wonder many call exercise the greatest longevity drug.

Read the entire article at the link below:
https://arkansasresearch.uark.edu/new-r ... thfulness/

JanCOhio

Re: New Research Furthers Case for Exercise Promoting Youthfulness

Post by JanCOhio »

Dammit! I guess I have to get busy exercising.

I do love how it feels after, so there's that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic