NMNNMN: Curious case of self resolving Lumbar injury

CeeJayBee

NMN: Curious case of self resolving Lumbar injury

Post by CeeJayBee »

I don't think NMN can reshape the discs in my back ... but maybe it has replenished my cerebro-spinal fluid?

After about 90 days of using NMN my back ( I am 52) can take a full work day, flinging tires, bending over to loosen bolts, shoveling snow by hand.. even helping a family member stand up at the hospital.

This simply was not the case before I started NMN. This was a 18+ year old series of injuries and bad sitting habits.

I am pretty sure the disks are still flared out toward the back (bad sitting outcome) but even if they click, i am not in pain.

This is an anecdotal account, I would love to know more about what could be going on.

Newage

Re: NMN: Curious case of self resolving Lumbar injury

Post by Newage »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:41 pm I don't think NMN can reshape the discs in my back ... but maybe it has replenished my cerebro-spinal fluid?

After about 90 days of using NMN my back ( I am 52) can take a full work day, flinging tires, bending over to loosen bolts, shoveling snow by hand.. even helping a family member stand up at the hospital.

This simply was not the case before I started NMN. This was a 18+ year old series of injuries and bad sitting habits.

I am pretty sure the disks are still flared out toward the back (bad sitting outcome) but even if they click, i am not in pain.

This is an anecdotal account, I would love to know more about what could be going on.
I have also noticed vast improvement with lower back issues caused by sporting injuries from my early years. I still sometimes get a little discomfort in the area but it seems to subside as quickly as it comes on..
rhett

Post by rhett »

Would love to know more about the mechanism but I have heard reports of joint pain reduction on many forums. Could be anything from increased strength of supporting muscles (usually the goal of physical therapy for back probs) to something more regenerative.
Newage

Post by Newage »

rhett wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:38 pm Would love to know more about the mechanism but I have heard reports of joint pain reduction on many forums. Could be anything from increased strength of supporting muscles (usually the goal of physical therapy for back probs) to something more regenerative.
I believe it is more to do with regeneration as I personally have done nothing different with my strength and conditioning program.
The discomfort and restriction in the area has definitely subsided over the last year after starting on NMN and NAD+.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

One thing I would do is get an MRI to see all structures and the integrity of the spine. As far as NMN or NAD helping with back pain, I havent read anything pertaining to NMN or NAD relieving pain. But, we at this point dont know all there is on what and how NMN and NAD works on the human body.
conorjmcn

Post by conorjmcn »

Have also noticed that my lower back pain has vanished since taking NMN. I've had lower back problems for a number of years. Particularly when I have to stand still for a long period of time e.g. at my sons football game or facilitating a workshop. My back pain has disappeared since taking NMN. Not sure its a coincidence but its the only thing that has changed in my lifestyle.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:41 pm I don't think NMN can reshape the discs in my back ... but maybe it has replenished my cerebro-spinal fluid?

Here is an interesting article that I think will make you think:

Sirtuin 3-dependent mitochondrial redox homeostasis protects against AGEs-induced intervertebral disc degeneration
Yu Song, Shuai Li, [...], and Cao Yang

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6139007/
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:50 am

Here is an interesting article that I think will make you think:

Sirtuin 3-dependent mitochondrial redox homeostasis protects against AGEs-induced intervertebral disc degeneration
Yu Song, Shuai Li, [...], and Cao Yang

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6139007/
Thank you Drdavid for the link..
Not only has pain and restriction subsided in my lower back (old sporting injuries) over the past 12 months with NMN and NAD+ use, my Chiropractor has also noted how much easier my adjustments have become.
Are you noticing that drkris69 with your patients that have been on the molecules for a length of time ? :idea:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I can say that the patients that have been on NAD+ are healthier since they have been taking it. We have had many report less aches and pains from old injuries. I tell them we really dont understand the "why" yet but if it works keep using it.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

It's like worth having an MRI. Poor posture eventually deforms the disc. Usually so that it is wider at the back...

I went through years of exercises to fight back against that (supposed) deformity) but what really solved my issues was exercising the muscles all around the core.

I think, among other things that your muscles around your core are getting stronger.

The cerebo-spinal fluid may also be getting regenerated.. cool idea!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic