NutritionNMN and type 2 dibetes

Pickleball101

NMN and type 2 dibetes

Post by Pickleball101 »

About 15 years ago, (at 63) while remodeling a waterfront cottage, I started the Atkins diet and restricted my nutrition to only
it's limits. The pounds fell off , from 220 to 187 in about three months, under heavy physical work. This seemed to work for awhile
after completing the cottage, but a strong sense of deprivation set in. I missed the freedom of a treat, after being drug free for 22 years.
So I started back rewarding myself with some ice cream which blew my ketosis to hell. Day trading the markets brought back a sedentary life style,
and you know "The Rest of the Story". Until I married Pickleball play with NMN that controls my blood sugar, preventing insulin resistance, my
efforts at a "balanced Lifestyle" of choice were not within my grasp. I simply kept falling off any diet or lifestyle due to a sense of deprivation.
NMN has taken away that lifetime problem. I can have a bowl of ice cream, feel the sugar lethargy, and after taking a NMN, feel the return to
blood sugar stability, within a short time. Dr. Sinclair states that NMN will help control insulin resistance in type 2 pre-diabetic cases, and it does for me. The stats I've heard lately is that more and more folks will become Type 2 due to our U.S. FDA approved non food forced on us by Fake Food advertised manufactures
Ben 78 , 250 mg each NMN/NAD+ , resveratrol 1200mg/day

Drdavid

Re: NMN and type 2 dibetes

Post by Drdavid »

Pickleball101 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:22 pm About 15 years ago, (at 63) while remodeling a waterfront cottage, I started the Atkins diet and restricted my nutrition to only
it's limits. The pounds fell off , from 220 to 187 in about three months, under heavy physical work. This seemed to work for awhile
after completing the cottage, but a strong sense of deprivation set in. I missed the freedom of a treat, after being drug free for 22 years.
So I started back rewarding myself with some ice cream which blew my ketosis to hell. Day trading the markets brought back a sedentary life style,
and you know "The Rest of the Story". Until I married Pickleball play with NMN that controls my blood sugar, preventing insulin resistance, my
efforts at a "balanced Lifestyle" of choice were not within my grasp. I simply kept falling off any diet or lifestyle due to a sense of deprivation.
NMN has taken away that lifetime problem. I can have a bowl of ice cream, feel the sugar lethargy, and after taking a NMN, feel the return to
blood sugar stability, within a short time. Dr. Sinclair states that NMN will help control insulin resistance in type 2 pre-diabetic cases, and it does for me. The stats I've heard lately is that more and more folks will become Type 2 due to our U.S. FDA approved non food forced on us by Fake Food advertised manufactures
Ben 78 , 250 mg each NMN/NAD+ , resveratrol 1200mg/day
You are correct the American diet is a path to diabetes and several other chronic degenerative diseases. Fast food is cheap and available while organic whole foods tend to need to be prepared and are more expensive. This creates a great divide in our society, one that is based on finances. If you happen to have enough money you can eat better and usually be more healthy but if you are poor there is a tendency to eat poor nutrient based foods. Another socioeconomic divide that does not have an easy answer. NMN however, does show promise in several of these chronic degenerative disease including diabetes. I have attached a piece of research that I think you might find interesting.

Biomolecules. 2019 Jan 21;9(1). pii: E34. doi: 10.3390/biom9010034.
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide: Exploration of Diverse Therapeutic Applications of a Potential Molecule.
Poddar SK1, Sifat AE2, Haque S3, Nahid NA4, Chowdhury S5, Mehedi I6.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30669679
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

yes i am really following closely the possibility that type 2 diabetes may be reversible following these protocols.

I alsoknow it is dangerous as hell to dco this stuff without a doctor following every step - but i am reading a lot of stuff with great interest.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article and I periodically check my glucose and I've noticed that it is more in the normal range ever since Ive been on NMN.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:03 am Great article and I periodically check my glucose and I've noticed that it is more in the normal range ever since Ive been on NMN.
Question. What issues have you previously had with glucose before NMN?
Newage

Post by Newage »

I have just begun to include Papaya fruit into my last meal of the day (prior to 5pm for overnight 16 hour daily fast) and it seems to make a big difference to how quickly the body metabolises the meal.The fruit helps with the digestive process and takes part of the “load” off the system. Possibly worth a try if you have stomach issues... :idea:
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Canada I am predisposed to having Diabetes due to my father and grandfather both had Diabetes. If I don't watch my carb and sugar intake my A1c gets elevated. Being on NMN Ive noticed that my glucose has been lower ever since Ive started NMN. :D
Fred

Post by Fred »

Since this is the nutrition section I´ll post something about nutrition instead of supplementation. The solution to type 2 diabetes will never be just a pill. It will be a change in eating behavior + exercise + drugs and supplements.

Type 2 diabetes is most often caused by eating too much and not exercising and there also lies the cure. It´s not easy to lose weight and keep it off but it does cure type 2 diabetes in most cases since overnutrition caused it in the first place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic