NAD+NAD+ and Thrush

NewLifeScience

NAD+ and Thrush

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have been sharing NAD SL with my elderly mother (she wouldn't repeat the nasal spray after the first try)

She seems to keep getting thrush (which all started 2y ago when she had bacterial pneumonia and they gave her massive doses of antibiotics).

My guess is that NAD+ SL also benefits the yeast family as well when she takes it.

Would a better approach for her to take NAD boosters, but not NAD+ directly?

Drdavid

Re: NAD+ and Thrush

Post by Drdavid »

Here is an article that will help you understand the mechanism that is occurring. You should consider getting the thrush under control first and then going back to the NAD. Any fungal growth pattern over time can lead to long term health consequences. Increasing the probiotics would be a great first step but you need to really develop a plan with your physician.

Why do some yeast species require niacin for growth? Different modes of NAD synthesis
You-Fang Li, Wei-Guo Bao
FEMS Yeast Research, Volume 7, Issue 5, August 2007, Pages 657–664, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1567-1364.2007.00231.x

https://academic.oup.com/femsyr/article/7/5/657/535380
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 am Here is an article that will help you understand the mechanism that is occurring. You should consider getting the thrush under control first and then going back to the NAD. Any fungal growth pattern over time can lead to long term health consequences. Increasing the probiotics would be a great first step but you need to really develop a plan with your physician.

Why do some yeast species require niacin for growth? Different modes of NAD synthesis
You-Fang Li, Wei-Guo Bao
FEMS Yeast Research, Volume 7, Issue 5, August 2007, Pages 657–664, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1567-1364.2007.00231.x

https://academic.oup.com/femsyr/article/7/5/657/535380
Thanks Dr. David.
You are a very attentive person. I appreciate it. :)
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

You are welcome. I want to help in any way that I can.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 pm I have been sharing NAD SL with my elderly mother (she wouldn't repeat the nasal spray after the first try)

She seems to keep getting thrush (which all started 2y ago when she had bacterial pneumonia and they gave her massive doses of antibiotics).

My guess is that NAD+ SL also benefits the yeast family as well when she takes it.

It may be a good idea to fight the yeast on a few fronts - aka starving it. Stay away from sweets and bread as much as possible. Even treat the thrush. I know a GP who tells her older patients to take 'Monostat' (the oral 1 time pill) to fight thrush, since it is fighting yeast system wide when it fights vaginal yeast infections.

Secondly it may be best to not use any Sublingual or nasal Nad, until this is long cleared up, but the NMN and Resveratrol shouldn't be an issue.

I am not a doctor, but this is how i understand yeast brewing... sugars on mucous membranes. Dr. D Sinclair studies the effect of Nad and NMN on yeast, so we know they benefit as well, but the NAD+ is almost like a topical life boost for them, whereas the NMN and Resveratrol does more for the host (in this instance, the human).
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 pm I have been sharing NAD SL with my elderly mother (she wouldn't repeat the nasal spray after the first try)

It may be a good idea to fight the yeast on a few fronts - aka starving it. Stay away from sweets and bread as much as possible. Even treat the thrush. I know a GP who tells her older patients to take 'Monostat' (the oral 1 time pill) to fight thrush, since it is fighting yeast system wide when it fights vaginal yeast infections.

Secondly it may be best to not use any Sublingual or nasal Nad, until this is long cleared up, but the NMN and Resveratrol shouldn't be an issue.

I am not a doctor, but this is how i understand yeast brewing... sugars on mucous membranes. Dr. D Sinclair studies the effect of Nad and NMN on yeast, so we know they benefit as well, but the NAD+ is almost like a topical life boost for them, whereas the NMN and Resveratrol does more for the host (in this instance, the human).
I agree that the yeast needs to be treated first both locally and systemically. It is important to make sure the gut microbiome is balanced and capable of maintaining an equilibrium within the body. According to the above research NAD would be contraindicated for someone with thrush as it is like pouring gasoline on a fire.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic