NAD+NAD+ or NMN SL/NR?

fs2b

NAD+ or NMN SL/NR?

Post by fs2b »

I've been taking Tru Niagen NR capsule (600mg/day) and ABN Pure NMN sublingual powder (250mg/day) for a few months after doing 6 days of NAD+ IV treatment. I've had exceptional cognitive and positive emotional results that I could go on for a while about but won't here. However, I am starting to get a sense of "leveling off".

Going forward I'm thinking of trading the NMN and/or the NR for the ABN pure NAD+ SL tablets (250mg/day). Does anyone think this will be more beneficial? Will the pure NAD+ SL cross the cell and brain barriers as well as the NMN and NR in the forms that I'm currently taking? Taking more than 250mg of the NMN powder is annoying and takes about 15 minutes to dissolve completely and I am looking for the most cost effective way to get optimal benefits.

I've also heard great things about the NAD+ nasal spray and may get that too on my next order.

Thanks!

Drdavid

Re: NAD+ or NMN SL/NR?

Post by Drdavid »

Do you happen to know the mg dose of NAD in the IV? You will need to find out your maintenance dose for the NAD. Currently we are using the NAD powder and the NMN tablets as the supplementation for people post IV. We have found that the combination has been extremely effective for patients and that they have been able to maintain the benefits associated with the IVs. If you would like to discuss this more please provide: age, dosing information in the IV, what type of benefits you are wanting to maintain.
rhett

Post by rhett »

There's a lot more evidence for the oral precursors like NR/NMN being able to raise cellular NAD+ levels than there is SL NAD+

Not to say it doesn't work, it's just at the moment you've got a lot more evidence backing up the precursors.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I agree at this time there are more articles on the precursors however, the clinical results that we are seeing with NAD are amazing. I am not here to persuade anyone just deliver information. Each person should take what they want for their health goals.
I think we will see substantial research in the future regarding NAD
fs2b

Post by fs2b »

The first day of the treatment was a vitamin drip and glutathione. Then 500mg on the second day, then 3 days of 1000mg, then 750mg on the last day. I was instructed to take Tru Niagen NR (600mg/day) for at least 2 months and to come in for a booster in 3-4 months post IV.

I am 43 years old with a history of opioid abuse for 5 years (age 25-30), so clean (no alcohol either) for the past 13 years, also a history of depression, anxiety, PTSD. I eat healthy, sleep fairly well (although some insomnia depending on external stressors), and run 2-5 miles episodically (mainly for anxiety outlet). What I noticed shortly after the IV treatment was the ability to do daily tasks with very little effort, essentially feeling more energized. An enhanced, focused clarity while multitasking. An ability to shift negative thinking with ease, which could partly be placebo. Significantly increased reading comprehension and reading endurance. Increased confidence to face difficult tasks. Acute motivation and self assuredness evoked at will. A decrease in depression and anxiety. This is what I'd like to maintain.

I did notice that an increase in 125mg increments in the NMN powder did give me a slight headache. If I take it late in the day I noticed that I was more easily agitated (for some reason in the past I have noticed an increase in agitation when taking certain vitamin B supplements although I didn't experiment with it much, I just stopped taking them.)

What is your optimal dose of the NAD powder and NMN tablets post IV?

Thanks for the info and prompt response!
Last edited by fs2b on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

fs2b wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:35 pm I've been taking Tru Niagen NR capsule (600mg/day) and ABN Pure NMN sublingual powder (250mg/day) for a few months after doing 6 days of NAD+ IV treatment. I've had exceptional cognitive and positive emotional results that I could go on for a while about but won't here. However, I am starting to get a sense of "leveling off".

Going forward I'm thinking of trading the NMN and/or the NR for the ABN pure NAD+ SL tablets (250mg/day). Does anyone think this will be more beneficial? Will the pure NAD+ SL cross the cell and brain barriers as well as the NMN and NR in the forms that I'm currently taking? Taking more than 250mg of the NMN powder is annoying and takes about 15 minutes to dissolve completely and I am looking for the most cost effective way to get optimal benefits.

I've also heard great things about the NAD+ nasal spray and may get that too on my next order.

Thanks!
I am jealous! Can you tell us a bit more? Age/health/gender?

I think keeping the NMN (and piossibly Resveratrol) will keep your body producing NAD+ as well.

My thinking is direct NAD+ isd great - but does it get into every tissue? NMN tells us to produce it, si that makes me think it is getting generated at a deeper (read deep tissue) level.
fs2b

Post by fs2b »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 pm Do you happen to know the mg dose of NAD in the IV? You will need to find out your maintenance dose for the NAD. Currently we are using the NAD powder and the NMN tablets as the supplementation for people post IV. We have found that the combination has been extremely effective for patients and that they have been able to maintain the benefits associated with the IVs. If you would like to discuss this more please provide: age, dosing information in the IV, what type of benefits you are wanting to maintain.
The first day of the treatment was a vitamin drip and glutathione. Then 500mg on the second day, then 3 days of 1000mg, then 750mg on the last day. I was instructed to take Tru Niagen NR (600mg/day) for at least 2 months and to come in for a booster in 3-4 months post IV.

I am 43 years old with a history of opioid abuse for 5 years (age 25-30), so clean (no alcohol either) for the past 13 years, also a history of depression, anxiety, PTSD. I eat healthy, sleep fairly well (although some insomnia depending on external stressors), and run 2-5 miles episodically (mainly for anxiety outlet). What I noticed shortly after the IV treatment was the ability to do daily tasks with very little effort, essentially feeling more energized. An enhanced, focused clarity while multitasking. An ability to shift negative thinking with ease, which could partly be placebo. Significantly increased reading comprehension and reading endurance. Increased confidence to face difficult tasks. Acute motivation and self assuredness evoked at will. A decrease in depression and anxiety. This is what I'd like to maintain.

I did notice that an increase in 125mg increments in the NMN powder did give me a slight headache. If I take it late in the day I noticed that I was more easily agitated (for some reason in the past I have noticed an increase in agitation when taking certain vitamin B supplements although I didn't experiment with it much, I just stopped taking them.)

What is your optimal dose of the NAD powder and NMN tablets post IV?

Thanks for the info and prompt response!
fs2b

Post by fs2b »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 pm
fs2b wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:35 pm I've been taking Tru Niagen NR capsule (600mg/day) and ABN Pure NMN sublingual powder (250mg/day) for a few months after doing 6 days of NAD+ IV treatment. I've had exceptional cognitive and positive emotional results that I could go on for a while about but won't here. However, I am starting to get a sense of "leveling off".

Thanks!
I am jealous! Can you tell us a bit more? Age/health/gender?

I think keeping the NMN (and piossibly Resveratrol) will keep your body producing NAD+ as well.

My thinking is direct NAD+ isd great - but does it get into every tissue? NMN tells us to produce it, si that makes me think it is getting generated at a deeper (read deep tissue) level.
I replied to DrDavid with my background, male gender. It makes sense for me to stay with the precursors. I wonder why they even offer the NAD+ if the evidence shows that the precursors are more beneficial. I see that you're taking 600mg NMN SL, are you taking that all at once? Have you tried the SL tablets?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Optimal dosing is based on two primary factors: weight and goals. It sounds like you have had excellent benefits from NAD and just need to maintain your levels until you reach your next IV. This is a very common experience that patients have post IV. They feel so good and then those results start to slip away. However, oral, nasal dosing can provide a way to maintain those excellent benefits. We use NAD and NMN to supplement our patients based on their health goals and needs. I will say that NMN tends to cause more sleep disturbance, anxiety and headaches than NAD under the clinical data that we currently have in our offices. However, if you take NMN early in the day and stop taking it around 3 the sleep disturbance seems to go away.
You wonder why NAD is used but you received an NAD IV. NAD does work and provides beneficial health benefits. Try it, dose it correctly and then titrate your dose according to your needs. Increased activity or stress will increase your daily needs. The body is not static but dynamic and you have to change with your needs.
fs2b

Post by fs2b »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:03 am Optimal dosing is based on two primary factors: weight and goals. It sounds like you have had excellent benefits from NAD and just need to maintain your levels until you reach your next IV. This is a very common experience that patients have post IV. They feel so good and then those results start to slip away. However, oral, nasal dosing can provide a way to maintain those excellent benefits. We use NAD and NMN to supplement our patients based on their health goals and needs. I will say that NMN tends to cause more sleep disturbance, anxiety and headaches than NAD under the clinical data that we currently have in our offices. However, if you take NMN early in the day and stop taking it around 3 the sleep disturbance seems to go away.
You wonder why NAD is used but you received an NAD IV. NAD does work and provides beneficial health benefits. Try it, dose it correctly and then titrate your dose according to your needs. Increased activity or stress will increase your daily needs. The body is not static but dynamic and you have to change with your needs.
I am 6'1, 180lbs typically. What dosage NAD and NMN would you recommend for me? I agree, no NMN after 3pm would be best for me. And do you think Tru Niagen NR is worth continuing to take? Although, if I switch to NAD supplement then I will likely stop the NR anyway. I'm very grateful for the time you spend answering my questions and your overall contribution in this forum. Thanks again!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic