NMNNMN reduces Colds recovery??

Pickleball101

NMN reduces Colds recovery??

Post by Pickleball101 »

This past week I flew to Illinois from Gulfport, Ms. to purchase an RV motor home. I dreaded the closed up
tight confinement of the 70-90 passenger little jet commuters flown on both legs, fearing close contact exposure
to who knows what?? Everyone's breathing recycled air conditioning, as well as close body contact. Even the
constantly reused interior accommodations without disinfection is a threat.
That was last Thursday week, and all was well , until Monday nose dribbles , sneezing announced the obvious.
Now I haven't had a cold or flu in years,, since starting my Pickleball play with NR, then NMN/NAD+ for the
last three years. And I'll be 80 next year...so fearing the worst.. I loaded up on NMN/NAD+ doubling down to
500 mg daily, about twice my off days of play. Well, here's "The Rest of the Story".
Tuesday, following Mondays initial cold symptoms, was a bummer; sinking feelings weak, dizzy, sneezing, nose runs.
You get the picture. But Wednesday was a surprise! Recovery started my way back up, and by Thursday... full health
returned! Now I WAS on a Silent Men's Spiritual retreat, but I doubt any Divine Intervention played a part.
The ONLY thing different in my 79 years of past Colds, was NMN/NAD+. Go Figure... or suffer.
Ben, 79 NMN SL, NAD+ powder 250 mg each daily, 1200 Resveratrol.

Taytaytay195

Re: NMN reduces Colds recovery??

Post by Taytaytay195 »

I will definitely give this a try this season. Thanks pickleball101 for the info!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I was fighting a cold (stuffy/runny nose and sore throat) for 3 days... usually once it gets to that stage, it is going to happen.

I took 1 gram of NMN, NAD and 1.5g of resveratrol...

Symptoms left today.

I don't often get colds,,,, maybe once every 8 years in the 16 years since i quit smoking, but it was nice that it never took hold.
Rob1

Post by Rob1 »

I recently had a cold or some kind of sickness and upped my dose to 1 gram per day and the cold was gone within 48 hours. I was back to 100% and in the gym quicker than I had anticipated.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Amen to that and I agree, I havent been sick since being on NMN. What a wonderful molecule! :D
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

I have to agree. Both my partner and I got sick while on a trip in china. Totally forgot about taking NMN until day 2 because I was so sick, 750mg dose and felt immediately better later that day. While my gf didn't take any and only got worse
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I am glad to hear everyone is getting great results from NAD+/NMN products. I thought that this article might provide some insight as to why those results are occurring.

Cell Metab. 2015 Jul 7; 22(1): 31–53.
Published online 2015 Jun 25. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.05.023
PMCID: PMC4487780
NIHMSID: NIHMS696097
PMID: 26118927
NAD+ metabolism and the control of energy homeostasis - a balancing act between mitochondria and the nucleus
Carles Cantó,1,* Keir Menzies,2,* and Johan Auwerx2,#

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4487780/
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article DrDavid and thank you for sharing. Its good to see something backed by science why we get better even when struck by a virus.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

In 2017-2018 the were between 151-161 million flu shots provided by the manufacturers. All with possible side effects both major and minor. Just contemplate if that number could be reduced if more people knew about NAD+/NMN
Fred

Post by Fred »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:02 am In 2017-2018 the were between 151-161 million flu shots provided by the manufacturers. All with possible side effects both major and minor. Just contemplate if that number could be reduced if more people knew about NAD+/NMN
But flu shots are proven to reduce the incidence of influenza to various degree (and from year to year).

NAD precursors on the other hand have no proof that they can reduce infections of any kind.

Let's be open minded but also not fall into fantastical hyperbole when there's no evidence to support it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic