NMNWeight vs volume

tecumseh18

Weight vs volume

Post by tecumseh18 »

I have the 12 gram bottles of NMN powder. My plan is to take 1 gram per day sublingually, but it just occurred to me, should that be one gram (~1/4 tsp) by volume, or an actual gram of weight?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

ALso, for the David Sinclair-philes in here, he often says he mixes his trans-resveratrol in fat (yogurt) for absorption purposes. I'm not a big dairy guy. Do you think mizing it with a tablespoon of coconut oil should be equally effective?

AlbertY

Re: Weight vs volume

Post by AlbertY »

I think the 1/4 tsp of NMN is just approximately 1 gram right? You don't need to be super accurate here. And yes, other kinds of fat just works the same.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes, as Albert said. You can mix it with any fat. It is possible that the emulsion of fat-water-lecithin that is "yogurt" somehow protects and transport resveratrol in the GI tract but you could simulate that by having resveratrol with any mixed meal containing fat.

I would recommend choosing anti-inflammatory monounsaturated olive oil that is heart-healthy and associated with longevity instead of coconut oil though.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Have you taken NAD+/NMN before? You might consider starting at a lower dose and working your way up
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

I've taken mine with both coconut oil and yogurt and both feel the same to me. I guess it's a matter of actual delivery and how beneficial it is. But i've not noticed any difference between the two.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
tecumseh18

Post by tecumseh18 »

AlbertY wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm I think the 1/4 tsp of NMN is just approximately 1 gram right? You don't need to be super accurate here. And yes, other kinds of fat just works the same.
Yes, 1/4 tsp is the equivalent of 1 gram, BY VOLUME. But I suspect that when people (like Sinclair, who swallows it in pills) say they take 1 gram per day, it's by weight. Is that assumption correct? If so, how what is the volume of one gram (by weight) of NMN. One quarter tsp? Two quarter tsps?
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

tecumseh18 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 am
AlbertY wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm I think the 1/4 tsp of NMN is just approximately 1 gram right? You don't need to be super accurate here. And yes, other kinds of fat just works the same.
Yes, 1/4 tsp is the equivalent of 1 gram, BY VOLUME. But I suspect that when people (like Sinclair, who swallows it in pills) say they take 1 gram per day, it's by weight. Is that assumption correct? If so, how what is the volume of one gram (by weight) of NMN. One quarter tsp? Two quarter tsps?
Volume is about 1/4 teaspoon. I some how feel better taking b/w 500 and 600 mg of NMN along with 800 mg of resveratrol, green tea extract capsules, berberine, astaxanthin...

Maybe i want my NMN supply to last longer, but i noticed when i got to about 500mg per day that i could feel a difference in energy, recovery time, even general strength, so I am comfortable just taking a bit more than that, but not a full gram.
tecumseh18

Post by tecumseh18 »

When all else fails, call the manufacturer. ABN just confirmed to me that 1 teaspoon of NMN power weighs one gram (i.e. the David Sinclair dose). Wow, that's a lot of powder.
Fred

Post by Fred »

1 g is 1 g, regardless of volume.

It seems that 1 g have the volume of about 5 ml then, according to ABN. My scale doesn't have 0.1 g precision.
tecumseh18 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 am
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

We take it with full fat milk, but since dairy isn't your thing, how about having it with a handful of nuts? Some good fats in nuts, I think?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic