NAD+NAD or NMN or both ??

renurakheja

NAD or NMN or both ??

Post by renurakheja »

Hello !
I have just finished reading Dr. David Sinclair's book- Lifespan .
He has mentioned that he takes 1000 mg NMN powder + 1000 mg Resveratrol( mixed in yogurt) + 1000 mg Metformin.
As I understand NMN is a precursor to NAD .
When I came to this site- I saw that they are selling NMN in both forms- sublingual powder and sublingual tablets.
They are also selling NAD in sublingual powder and nasal spray .

So I am confused.
Should one take both NMN and NAD for better results ? OR should one just take NAD ?
which are the better forms to take in NMN- sublingual powder or sublingual tablet ?
which is the better form to take in NAD- Powder or nasal spray ?

Please guide.

I am a 49 year old female from India and my husband is 57 year old .

Does this company ship to India or will I have to get the products to a US address and bring it to India ??

Drdavid

Re: NAD or NMN or both ??

Post by Drdavid »

NMN and NAD+ seem to provide different health benefits. If you are just starting your regimen I think it is important to define your goals and then design a customized program to meet those goals. Many of us on this board take both NMN and NAD. If you would like to know more about how to begin your program share some of the goals you would like to achieve and I will be happy to share more information specific to your goals.
renurakheja

Post by renurakheja »

Thanks Dr David….
Just to give a background about us first ……

My husband is 57 years old , weighs 121 lbs . He is quite prone to musculoskeletal injuries and has a fragile body. His work requires him to be very sharp and focused . No other illnesses as such except prone to frequent cold bouts

I am soon going to be turning 50, weigh 115lbs. I have had cervical spondylosis since the last 11-12 years but thanks to yoga , I am not on any pain killers . I am also prone to cold and allergic bronchitis.

Both of us lead a fairly active lifestyle with about 3-4 hours of yoga/meditation…..about 10,000 steps of walking every day , eating a grain free diet and eating 2 meals a day - 1st one at 10 am and the 2nd one at 7 pm . food is mainly salad, nuts , seeds , vegetables, legumes and fruits. No meat . We have also started 24 hour fast 2-3 times a month.

Our goals : We want to lead a disease free life as we are tipping into the zone where it all starts to descend upon you …..We want to improve our physical fitness ,retain/improve our mental acuity, get rid of the musculoskeletal injuries and be able to lead a good quality of life even in our later years
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

renurakheja wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 am Thanks Dr David….
Just to give a background about us first ……

My husband is 57 years old , weighs 121 lbs . He is quite prone to musculoskeletal injuries and has a fragile body. His work requires him to be very sharp and focused . No other illnesses as such except prone to frequent cold bouts

I am soon going to be turning 50, weigh 115lbs. I have had cervical spondylosis since the last 11-12 years but thanks to yoga , I am not on any pain killers . I am also prone to cold and allergic bronchitis.

Both of us lead a fairly active lifestyle with about 3-4 hours of yoga/meditation…..about 10,000 steps of walking every day , eating a grain free diet and eating 2 meals a day - 1st one at 10 am and the 2nd one at 7 pm . food is mainly salad, nuts , seeds , vegetables, legumes and fruits. No meat . We have also started 24 hour fast 2-3 times a month.

Our goals : We want to lead a disease free life as we are tipping into the zone where it all starts to descend upon you …..We want to improve our physical fitness ,retain/improve our mental acuity, get rid of the musculoskeletal injuries and be able to lead a good quality of life even in our later years
Thank you for the information! You are still young and have many years to live life to the fullest. It sounds like you have a great regimen and are on the difficult road to wellness. You should consider implementing a regimen of both NAD and NMN to help achieve the goals you have listed. These two products can provide the benefits you desire. NMN can increase strength and stamina and in theory reduce the musculoskeletal injury risk. NAD will provide mental acuity and focus plus provide a fantastic sleep cycle and sometimes provide vivid dreams. The research is not clear as of yet how these products interact with the immune system however, I and many on this forum have seen that they have been healthy since they started taking the products and if they did get sick they seemed to recover faster. Again patient testimonial not research. One thing to remember is that NMN has a tendency to excite the nervous system and alter sleep patterns if taken late so work that into your regimen. Start slow and then titrate your dose to achieve your goals. I encourage you to read the threads because there is an abundant amount of research posted regarding these products.
For mental clarity and focus the nasal spray is excellent and provides other benefits as well. It is almost instant.
The NAD powder tastes good and is easy to dissolve and titrate dosing
The NMN sublingual tabs are great for on the go and easy to take throughout the day.
If you have any additional questions or concerns let me know.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Welcome to the forum and yes I agree with Drdavid, I would take both as they work on different pathways in the body. From what Ive read about you and your husband you both seem to be already living a healthy life style and I cant wait to hear about your NMN and NAD journey! :D
renurakheja

Post by renurakheja »

Thank you for your reply.
Have been reading a lot of topics on this forum and they are so helpful.
I am afraid we have some more questions for which we couldn't find answers here......many of which are related to Resveratrol.

1. What should be the ratio of Resveratrol and NMN ? Say if you are taking 250 mg NMN...what should the dose of Resveratrol be and if dosage of NMN increases to 500 mg...does the dose of Resveratrol also need to increase ?

2. Can we start both simultaneously together or phase one after another ?

3. Preferred sequence of consumption/time gap ? David takes NMN and Resveratrol in one shot on an empty stomach. Is that a good way or taking it more than once works better. Noted that it excites the nervous system so I guess one should not take it in the late afternoon/evening.

3b. Best time in context of circadian cycle of NAD in the body

4. Source of Resveratrol: Can someone suggest a good source of Trans Resveratrol which is micronized? We couldn't seem to find any which fitted both the criterions.

5. Also asked this question before...does Alive by Nature ship outside of US? We are based in India
Newage

Post by Newage »

Go to the customer support heading and it shows the countries that ABN ship to internationally and it appears that India is not one of them.
Contact ABN direct and see if they can help.. :?:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

renurakheja wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:45 am Thank you for your reply.
Have been reading a lot of topics on this forum and they are so helpful.
I am afraid we have some more questions for which we couldn't find answers here......many of which are related to Resveratrol.

1. What should be the ratio of Resveratrol and NMN ? Say if you are taking 250 mg NMN...what should the dose of Resveratrol be and if dosage of NMN increases to 500 mg...does the dose of Resveratrol also need to increase ?

2. Can we start both simultaneously together or phase one after another ?

3. Preferred sequence of consumption/time gap ? David takes NMN and Resveratrol in one shot on an empty stomach. Is that a good way or taking it more than once works better. Noted that it excites the nervous system so I guess one should not take it in the late afternoon/evening.

3b. Best time in context of circadian cycle of NAD in the body

4. Source of Resveratrol: Can someone suggest a good source of Trans Resveratrol which is micronized? We couldn't seem to find any which fitted both the criterions.

5. Also asked this question before...does Alive by Nature ship outside of US? We are based in India
1. Take a look at Dr. Sinclairs book and his ratio should be there.
2. You can start both together if you choose.
3. I have not seen any research that shows. Resveratrol is an antioxidant but I do not think it interferes with any of the chemical cascades of NMN/NAD+
4. I have patients that take NAD+ at all times throughout the day and night and we have not seen any differences in results. However, NMN should not be taken late afternoon if you want to sleep because it does seem to interfere with sleep cycles
5. I have no source to offer
6. Contact customer service and see if there is a way to ship to you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic