Miscellaneous TopicsWhat does "doctor" really mean?

Fred

What does "doctor" really mean?

Post by Fred »

I have interacted with and seen a couple of members here with "Dr" in their online names: drkris69, Drdavid, and drpatrick.

Are you all "medical doctors", MDs, licensed to practice medicine? Or are you chiropractic/naturopathic doctors or doctors of a non-medical subject like philosophy?

I´m not asking that anyone provide proof of their title (I provide none) or disclose who they are. Just asking what the "Dr" in your names here stand for?

Drdavid

Re: What does "doctor" really mean?

Post by Drdavid »

I hold doctorates in both chiropractic medicine and allopathic medicine. I have practiced internal medicine for over 20 years. I have worked in all areas of medicine from the emergency room to private and group practice. I have seen tens of thousands of patients and have specialized in wellness and performance medicine for the last ten years serving high profile clients. I believe that medicine has manipulated many statistics and went down the road of greed. Currently medical/osteopathic doctors are ruled by insurance/government about how they can treat a patient. Most physicians really want to help their patient achieve health but many cant accomplish this because of insurance or government regulations. As a physician we are simply "guides" on the path and should be sharing information to allow a patient to make an informed decision. Ultimately, the decision is up to the patient. However, if we fail to provide all the information then we have failed the patient. Many times I have seen doctors not talk about a product (drug/supplement) because there is not enough research. Yet we use therapies everyday that have poor outcomes and are completely happy implementing those procedures. Natural medicine has a long history of success.
The other physicians on this platform whether chiropractors, osteopaths or NDs all have a voice and can offer helpful information to this group in a simple and helpful way. Please let them speak and offer a voice of cooperation and help. Discord is fine as long as it is helpful.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Drdavid wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:01 am The other physicians on this platform whether chiropractors, osteopaths or NDs all have a voice and can offer helpful information to this group in a simple and helpful way. Please let them speak and offer a voice of cooperation and help. Discord is fine as long as it is helpful.
Thank you for replying David. I´m not prohibiting anyone from speaking. I was simply asking what the "Dr" in your nicknames really stand for. Everyone reading can judge for themselves if they think alternative practitioners and state-licensed medical doctors are both the same kind of "doctors".

It is good for the reader to know what kind of "doctor" is sending the message.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I have been practicing Chiropractic for 24 years and I too have seen tens of thousands of patients with a whole slew of conditions. I now run a practice that specializes in Functional Medicine and Rehab. Over the years Ive seen many miracles happen. Im glad to be here to participate in our forum and I stand behind ABN's products and recommend them to everyone I talk to.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Congratulations on your transparency Drdavid and Drkris69 relating to your user names..
Not that you needed to as your forum posts speak for themselves.
The way I see it is that “ 99.9% of the forum” appreciate and respect your posts and I personally thank you both for your interaction.
Fred

Post by Fred »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:52 am I have been practicing Chiropractic for 24 years and I too have seen tens of thousands of patients with a whole slew of conditions.
Ok, thank you drkris69. So you´re not a medical doctor, not licensed to practice medicine, but you have a doctorate chiropractic degree and trained expertly in disorders of the bones, nerves, muscles, and ligaments. A chiropractor.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes Fred a Chiropractor and proud of it! Are we prescribing medicine here or making any recommendations on how to take them? No of course not! This is a forum which is mainly for anyone who takes NMN or NAD+ to be apart of and to share their experiences in a friendly way. We all on this forum in some way have shared our own experiences on taking these molecules NMN and NAD+ and offered our advice on a multitude of different scenarios.
So Fred whats with you? I find lately your posts to be a bit demeaning. Do you have a problem with me or anyone else here on this forum that you would like to address? Do you feel that we are not qualified to participate here at ABN? So Fred.....a registered dietitian...
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 pm Yes Fred a Chiropractor and proud of it! Are we prescribing medicine here or making any recommendations on how to take them? No of course not! This is a forum which is mainly for anyone who takes NMN or NAD+ to be apart of and to share their experiences in a friendly way. We all on this forum in some way have shared our own experiences on taking these molecules NMN and NAD+ and offered our advice on a multitude of different scenarios.
So Fred whats with you? I find lately your posts to be a bit demeaning. Do you have a problem with me or anyone else here on this forum that you would like to address? Do you feel that we are not qualified to participate here at ABN? So Fred.....a registered dietitian...
Well said Drkris69.. Reflects my own personal views to a tee...
We all participate on this “friendly” forum to post our real life experiences by way of our regimens with AliveByNature products and what we see as the overwhelming benefits of the same..
We do so with an open mind and to the best of our ability without malice or demeaning comments.
Every forum member has the right to a voice wether right or wrong and other members or viewers can then make their own determination to what they do with that information.
A Judge,Jury and Executioner should not come into play...
As the American Baseball Pitchers say ...
“It’s all in the Delivery”
Fred

Post by Fred »

drkris69 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 pm Yes Fred a Chiropractor and proud of it!

Good. Not everyone needs to be a doctor drkris69. I´m not either.

Do you have a problem with me or anyone else here on this forum that you would like to address?

I just did. Now we better know who is a medical doctor and who is not. Many people assume that when someone calls themselves a "Dr" they´re a medical doctor licensed to practice medicine. When they´re not.

Do you feel that we are not qualified to participate here at ABN?
No.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic