SenolyticsIncredible New Mayo Clinic Study on Senolytics

jocko6889

Incredible New Mayo Clinic Study on Senolytics

Post by jocko6889 »

Scientists Just Started Testing a New Class of Drugs to Slow–and Even Reverse–Aging

Imagine reversing the processes of aging. It’s an age-old quest, and now a study from the Mayo Clinic may be the first ray of light in the dawn of that new era.

The small preliminary report, just nine patients, primarily looked at the safety and tolerability of the compounds used. But it also showed that a new class of small molecules called senolytics, which has proven to reverse markers of aging in animal studies, can work in humans.

Aging is a relentless assault of chronic diseases including Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and frailty. Developing one chronic condition strongly predicts the rapid onset of another. They pile on top of each other and impede the body’s ability to respond to the next challenge.

“Potentially, by targeting fundamental aging processes, it may be possible to delay or prevent or alleviate multiple age-related conditions and many diseases as a group, instead of one at a time,” says James Kirkland, the Mayo Clinic physician who led the study and is a top researcher in the growing field of geroscience, the biology of aging.

For more, click the link below:

https://leapsmag.com/scientists-just-st ... 0zBe0yDdEk

Newage

Re: Incredible New Mayo Clinic Study on Senolytics

Post by Newage »

Thanks Jocko
A great and exciting read. You seem to be one step ahead of the ball game in this particular area.. :idea:
AlbertY

Post by AlbertY »

Thank you, Jocko. A few weeks ago, Dr. Kirkland (leader of senolytics study in Mayo) had a talk in my school about the translation of senolytic drugs. So excited to see the result of the clinical trials!
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
rhett

Post by rhett »

Can’t wait to see the fisetin trial results. I did the 2 big fisetin doses a month apart like the trial protocol. No harm done at least!
Newage

Post by Newage »

rhett wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:24 am Can’t wait to see the fisetin trial results. I did the 2 big fisetin doses a month apart like the trial protocol. No harm done at least!
How did you feel rhett after taking the 2 big doses. Anything noticeable positive or negative?
rhett

Post by rhett »

I took the doses at night and I will say I was very restless each night with vivid and exhausting dreams (not usual for me). Otherwise nothing that I can directly attribute to the fisetin.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks Jocko I was reading about these senolytics in a paper last month. This is great info!
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I have been a bio-nerd for decades now and I always go tthe sense that the mayo clinic has a pseudo-science bent....

does anyone care to weight in on this, correct me?
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

canadahealthy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:31 pm I have been a bio-nerd for decades now and I always go tthe sense that the mayo clinic has a pseudo-science bent....

does anyone care to weight in on this, correct me?
I used to wonder something similar, mostly because there seemed to be a mayo clinic research topic on most topics i was looking up - which made me think they were kind of spammy... but the truth is they are well ranked in many disciplines of medicine.

The Wiki entries about this clinic seem to give it a lot of credibility.
Mayo Clinic researchers contribute to the understanding of disease processes, best clinical practices, and translation of findings from the laboratory to the clinical practice. Nearly 600 doctoral level physicians and research scientists are employed, with an additional 3,400 other health personnel and students with appointments in research. In 2015, more than 2,700 research protocols were reviewed by the Mayo Clinic Institutional review board and 11,000 ongoing human research studies. These research initiatives led to more than 7,300 research publications and review articles in peer-review journals.[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayo_Clinic#Research
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Thanks CeeJayBee
I should have checked out their Wiki, I do tend to trust Wiki in a general sense... as it have no advertisers and lots and lots of citations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic