NMNnicotinamide and nicotine

drkris69

Re: nicotinamide and nicotine

Post by drkris69 »

YMC the older you are the more noticeable it is. The reason is the older you are the less Mitochondria you have. NMN to say it in simple terms, is the food source and NMN also repairs Mitochondria. Hang in there, you are taking a big dose daily so you should feel something soon.

Brian8591

Re: nicotinamide and nicotine

Post by Brian8591 »

Fred wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:27 am Thank you for posting that link. Quite good information.

Since nicotine depletes the NAD you would otherwise make it doesn't matter how far apart you take them. The nicotine will always deplete some NAD.

Perhaps you can try two bags of green tea and 2 g of l-tyrosine in the afternoon for a noradrenaline and dopamine boost. That is what I do (but decaf green tea, you should choose regular since you want the stimulant action).

I know it's an old discussion, but I thought I'd post just in case people aren't aware of a new 2023 study that found that microdosing nicotine actually increases NAD+ by stimulating NAMPT, which then stimulates the NAD+ salvage pathway. The link for the study:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-36543-8

The summary from the study:
In summary, nicotine possesses multiple functions in NAD+ homeostasis to regulate signaling pathways and metabolism involved in senescence cells. Here we show that the long-term, low-dose nicotine consumption enhances the NAD+ salvage pathway and delays the systemic aging, thereby, providing a supplement strategy of NAD+ and its precursors.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic