NMNnicotinamide and nicotine

YMC

nicotinamide and nicotine

Post by YMC »

This question might sound pretty academic, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to receive qualified answer to it in the forum, but I'm asking it anyway in hope to receive at least an advise on where or maybe who specifically it would be more relevant to ask.

I do not smoke, but take 2mg of nicotine orally (lozenges) almost every business day as it crucially boosts my mental energy and focus. Especially helpful in situations when you need to quickly come up with technically complicated and unique solution.

Now when I'm starting to take NMN, I started thinking on how these two interact to each other and found the article https://hopes.stanford.edu/nicotinamide ... d-nicotine, saying they both compete for the same enzymes, so basically it must mean nicotine would diminish effect of nicotinamide. Now I wonder if I should completely stop taking nicotine, or maybe it's Ok to take them 5-6 hours apart. My only hope could be that NMN been taken in the morning has enough time to get completely absorbed by mid-afternoon, when I may take 2mg nicotine with no competition to early taken NMN or any of its derivatives. I have no idea though how long it takes for NMN to convert to NAM and getting absorbed by cell, I'm bad at all these chemistry science behind NMN.

Fred

Re: nicotinamide and nicotine

Post by Fred »

Thank you for posting that link. Quite good information.

Since nicotine depletes the NAD you would otherwise make it doesn't matter how far apart you take them. The nicotine will always deplete some NAD.

Perhaps you can try two bags of green tea and 2 g of l-tyrosine in the afternoon for a noradrenaline and dopamine boost. That is what I do (but decaf green tea, you should choose regular since you want the stimulant action).
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks for the post, I did not know that nicotine and nicotinamide both compete for the same enzymes.
shayp

Post by shayp »

YMC wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:14 am This question might sound pretty academic, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to receive qualified answer to it in the forum, but I'm asking it anyway in hope to receive at least an advise on where or maybe who specifically it would be more relevant to ask.

I do not smoke, but take 2mg of nicotine orally (lozenges) almost every business day as it crucially boosts my mental energy and focus. Especially helpful in situations when you need to quickly come up with technically complicated and unique solution.

Now when I'm starting to take NMN, I started thinking on how these two interact to each other and found the article https://hopes.stanford.edu/nicotinamide ... d-nicotine, saying they both compete for the same enzymes, so basically it must mean nicotine would diminish effect of nicotinamide. Now I wonder if I should completely stop taking nicotine, or maybe it's Ok to take them 5-6 hours apart. My only hope could be that NMN been taken in the morning has enough time to get completely absorbed by mid-afternoon, when I may take 2mg nicotine with no competition to early taken NMN or any of its derivatives. I have no idea though how long it takes for NMN to convert to NAM and getting absorbed by cell, I'm bad at all these chemistry science behind NMN.
Another reason for me to stop smoking :(
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

The NMN is not giving you clarity and focus?
YMC

Post by YMC »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:13 am The NMN is not giving you clarity and focus?
I've been taking 750mg of AliveByNature NMN daily for couple of weeks, and honestly have not yet found anything noticeable, but I think even if I do eventually, it's not quite comparable to the effect I get from nicotine, I guess. From NMN I would expect more like a long-lasting energy thorough the day, while nicotine uplifts your mind and focus to the super-productive level for a short period of time (under one hour), more like from a decent dose of coffee, but I think it's even hardly comparable to coffee, coz it's not just energy, it gets you a bit high, it makes you think different, maybe rather comparable to effect caused by some psychedelic drugs in a way. Not sure though how common or unique my experience from nicotine is, I guess regular smokers won't probably feel anything as they get used to it.
Fred

Post by Fred »

YMC wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:54 am Not sure though how common or unique my experience from nicotine is, I guess regular smokers won't probably feel anything as they get used to it.
But if you administer nicotine 5 days a week...isn´t that comparable to someone smoking 5 days a week in terms of tolerance? Aren´t you a nicotinist?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Age might have something to do with it,.....how old are you YMC??
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

By the way, I think it took 2 to 3 weeks before I noticed the change being on NMN and I started with 500mg daily. After 3 weeks my mood and energy level were thru the roof. Hang in there you will feel something soon.....everyone does in the beginning.
YMC

Post by YMC »

Fred wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 pm But if you administer nicotine 5 days a week...isn´t that comparable to someone smoking 5 days a week in terms of tolerance? Aren´t you a nicotinist?
I believe 2mg is very mild dose, comparable maybe to what 1 cigarette has or less, and I do not do it every business day.
drkris69 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:05 pm Age might have something to do with it,.....how old are you YMC??
I'm 42
drkris69 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:08 pm By the way, I think it took 2 to 3 weeks before I noticed the change being on NMN and I started with 500mg daily. After 3 weeks my mood and energy level were thru the roof. Hang in there you will feel something soon.....everyone does in the beginning.
I'm on Keto for 3 years and intermittent fasting for over one year, and feel pretty energetic every day from the morning to the evening, that's maybe why I do not yet feel a dramatic difference, but if I'll get even more energy to what I already experience, it would be just awesome :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic