LongevityMetformin Dosage?

RobSmith

Re: Metformin Dosage?

Post by RobSmith »

zmm wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:11 pm I have bought from out of the country
no prescription needed, though it does take a few weeks to arrive

i didnt like the way i felt on it, and peter attia noticed that it effected his zone 2 lactate levels.
i switched to take acarbose (from same website) if i am going to have a significant amount of carbs, or berberine/cinnamon 

i have experimented with acarbose while wearing a glucose monitor, and 100mg can entirely suppress eating a bad meal. (i wouldnt do it too often). peter attia once jocked that they should give 100mg with every pizza delivery

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/search.a ... =Metformin

From what I've read I'd agree with only taking metformin before a "bad" meal and not on a regular basis as it negatively affects exercise ability.
I'm glad you tried inhousepharmacy.vu and had a successful outcome - I'm not sure that I would have sent money to a small south Pacific island to buy a prescription pharmaceutical! 

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yeah if I am going to get Metformin, it is going to be through a prescription locally, which is why it isn't going to happen yet.
zmm

Post by zmm »

they come sealed in manufacturer packaging.
if you want to get local, and cant get from your doctor, you can get from agelessrx
https://www.agelessrx.com/metformin

they have a doctor on staff who prescribes it for you, and they send it straight from a pharmacy to your door.
you can get cgm's through them as well 
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

zmm wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 pm they come sealed in manufacturer packaging.
if you want to get local, and cant get from your doctor, you can get from agelessrx
https://www.agelessrx.com/metformin

they have a doctor on staff who prescribes it for you, and they send it straight from a pharmacy to your door.
you can get cgm's through them as well 

Wow! Good to know, thank you.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

RobSmith wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:52 am
zmm wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:11 pm I have bought from out of the country
no prescription needed, though it does take a few weeks to arrive

i didnt like the way i felt on it, and peter attia noticed that it effected his zone 2 lactate levels.
i switched to take acarbose (from same website) if i am going to have a significant amount of carbs, or berberine/cinnamon 

i have experimented with acarbose while wearing a glucose monitor, and 100mg can entirely suppress eating a bad meal. (i wouldnt do it too often). peter attia once jocked that they should give 100mg with every pizza delivery

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/search.a ... =Metformin

From what I've read I'd agree with only taking metformin before a "bad" meal and not on a regular basis as it negatively affects exercise ability.
I'm glad you tried inhousepharmacy.vu and had a successful outcome - I'm not sure that I would have sent money to a small south Pacific island to buy a prescription pharmaceutical! 

Well, according to Dr.Sinclair he states that Metformin only negates around 5% of exercise output.

zmm

Post by zmm »

this was peter attia's last update on metformin, before he dropped in completely, probably due to start rapamycin

"along with my personal experience of seeing slightly higher lactate levels during zone 2 training(suggesting, perhaps, less mitochondrial efficiency), I’ve reduced my dose of metformin and only take it in the evening in an effort to reduce the amount of metformin in my system when I’m awake and exercising."

david sinclair i think also skips it when exercising

bottom line is, that for most people the downside is probably pretty low in taking it
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

I don't disagree with the last couple of comments, I just think that if one is very strict at avoiding sugar in the diet then the real benefits only come when consuming a bad meal. For those who find it very difficult/expensive to obtain, I think that is the optimal use of it.
Obviously for those who are prescribed it for daily use then probably nothing much in the way of downside of taking daily.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

For those based in Europe, it is possible to buy Metformin over the counter in Ukraine.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:09 am I agree, even if it is just slightly elevated they should. Maybe next time before you go back to see your PCP go ahead and eat a dozen donuts 2 hrs before......LOL.Not medical advice. :D

No, I don't consider it medical advice, but it is a good idea. lol
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I suppose the comparable dose for Berberine is roughly the same as Metformin?

I may try to get Metformin prescribed, but it took me long enough to decide to take the other things... i need to always have a long think first. 

:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic