LongevitySinclair: oleic acid is 10 to 100 times more potent than resveratrol

Fred

Sinclair: oleic acid is 10 to 100 times more potent than resveratrol

Post by Fred »

I like this recent interview with David Sinclair because it was very practical and detailed...he even showed the NMN capsules he swallows with coffee and the little jar and spoon he takes his homemade yogurt and resveratrol with.

He says that oleic acid from olive oil, avocado and walnuts are 10 to 100 times more potent sirtuin activators compared to resveratrol.

https://youtu.be/y1jdSL3g1Hg

ALIVEBYNATURE

Re: Sinclair: oleic acid is 10 to 100 times more potent than resveratrol

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE »

Yes, he is very positive about oleic acid for Sirtuin activation.

We use high oleic acid sunflower oil in our new Liposomal products.

With more than 80% oleic acid, it is far higher than olive oil - providing more sirtuin activation than resveratrol per Dr Sinclair.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Here is an excerpt from the amazing study in mice where olive oil activated SIRT1, decreased body weight and increased fat oxidation while lard and soybean oil did not. Olive oil is easy to consume in large amounts together with some avocado and daily walnuts (about 30 g for longevity).

Coconut oil and MCT-oil can not activate these longevity genes and coconut oil can cause serious lipid disorders in susceptible patients.

Olive Oil Diet Increases Oxidative Metabolism in a
SIRT1-Dependent Manner

"To investigate the effects of SIRT1 activating MUFAs in vivo, mice were fed diets enriched in lard and soybean oil (CTRL) or olive oil (OO), which contains 75% 18:1, and were fasted overnight prior to sacrifice to stimulate lipolytic signaling.

Olive oil (OO) feeding decreased body weight over the course of 12 weeks due to a decrease in fat mass. Without affecting energy intake or locomotion, OO feeding increased oxygen consumption and heat production, leading to increased energy expenditure.

To determine if the OO in the diet was exerting its physiological effects in a SIRT1-dependent manner, EX527, a potent and specific SIRT1 inhibitor, was administered over the course of three days prior to sacrifice. SIRT1 inhibition negated the decrease in body weight and the increase in serum b-hydroxybutyrate and free fatty acids observed with OO feeding.

The OO diet reduced white adipose tissue weights, an effect that was normalized in mice treated with EX527. OO feeding decreased hepatic LD size and liver TAG content while SIRT1 inhibition ablated these effects. Acetylation of SIRT1 targets PGC-1a and FOXO3a were decreased in OO-fed mice, an effect that was attenuated by EX527.

To further test the importance of SIRT1 in MUFA-mediated signaling, we determined gene expression of key PGC-1a/PPARa oxidative genes. Consumption of the OO diet universally increased the expression of PGC-1a/PPAR-a target genes, but these effects were ablated
with EX527.

The increased gene expression in OO-fed mice corresponded to increased protein abundance of UCP1, PGC-1a, CPT1a, and various respiratory chain complex proteins in the liver, and S5B). In addition to hepatic changes, histological examination of interscapular brown adipose tissue exhibited smaller LDs and decreased TAG, indicative of enhanced thermogenesis."

https://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/pdf ... 0894-9.pdf
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Excellent information, I watched that YT video last week myself and noticed Dr. Sinclair took his NMN in capsule form...Hmm. He needs to hook up with ABN for the sublingual or Liposomal for better availability.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

This is interesting. I wonder if we can get the right daily amounts by simply consuming the foods that contain them.
rhett

Post by rhett »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:23 am I like this recent interview with David Sinclair because it was very practical and detailed...he even showed the NMN capsules he swallows with coffee and the little jar and spoon he takes his homemade yogurt and resveratrol with.

He says that oleic acid from olive oil, avocado and walnuts are 10 to 100 times more potent sirtuin activators compared to resveratrol.

https://youtu.be/y1jdSL3g1Hg
The fabled yogurt!
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Cheers for the link! I like how Dr. Sinclair interviews with so many different people and groups in different ways - presentations, interviews, Skype, podcasts, etc.
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE »

ImageALIVEBYNATURE
Yes, he is very positive about oleic acid for Sirtuin activation.

We use high oleic acid sunflower oil in our new Liposomal products.

With more than 80% oleic acid, it is far higher than olive oil - providing more sirtuin activation than resveratrol per Dr Sinclair.

I made this chart to show the oleic acid in our liposomes vs olive oil.

Sirt activation will be even more powerful soon as we are adding resveratrol to all our LSG products going forward.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Thank you ABS. A great comparison by way of the chart. I take a lot of Olive Oil daily but I will also now include the better quality Sunflower Oil into my daily regimen. 
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Well, i do recall reading up enough on Oleic acid that i literally "take" a teaspoon of Olive Oil daily.

I didn't realize it was a senolytic.

Cool beans!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic