NAD+Using NAD+ nasal too soon after sore throat symptoms abated

canadahealthy

Using NAD+ nasal too soon after sore throat symptoms abated

Post by canadahealthy »

I made the mistake of using my freshly arrived NAD+ nasal, when my sorer throat was likely 98% gone, i took a snort.

I knew it was a mistake within an hour.

I suddenly had a ridiculously powerful sore throat, and it took a week to get rid of it, ended up going on antibiotics, just in case.

Bacteria are life forms too.

Newage

Re: Using NAD+ nasal too soon after sore throat symptoms abated

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 pm I made the mistake of using my freshly arrived NAD+ nasal, when my sorer throat was likely 98% gone, i took a snort.

I suddenly had a ridiculously powerful sore throat, and it took a week to get rid of it, ended up going on antibiotics, just in case.

I agree. The throat is a very sensitive area and the spray may have caused a local reaction.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 pm I made the mistake of using my freshly arrived NAD+ nasal, when my sorer throat was likely 98% gone, i took a snort.

Microbial NAD Metabolism: Lessons from Comparative Genomics
Francesca Gazzaniga, Rebecca Stebbins, [...], and Charles Brenner

Additional article information

ABSTRACT
Summary: NAD is a coenzyme for redox reactions and a substrate of NAD-consuming enzymes, including ADP-ribose transferases, Sir2-related protein lysine deacetylases, and bacterial DNA ligases. Microorganisms that synthesize NAD from as few as one to as many as five of the six identified biosynthetic precursors have been identified. De novo NAD synthesis from aspartate or tryptophan is neither universal nor strictly aerobic. Salvage NAD synthesis from nicotinamide, nicotinic acid, nicotinamide riboside, and nicotinic acid riboside occurs via modules of different genes. Nicotinamide salvage genes nadV and pncA, found in distinct bacteria, appear to have spread throughout the tree of life via horizontal gene transfer. Biochemical, genetic, and genomic analyses have advanced to the point at which the precursors and pathways utilized by a microorganism can be predicted. Challenges remain in dissecting regulation of pathways.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

So is it assumed to be safer or, in fact safe to use NMN and not NAD+ when you are sick with possible bacterial infection.

I theorise this as the NMN boosts the NAD+ levels in a deep tissue sense.

Or is it better to avoid both when you have infection, be it bacterial or yeast.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am glad you posted this.

I love my NAD+ but if I have a virus or infection, or even something like thrush (i doubt I'll get it...) they are also life forms that could benefit from NAD+, so I would wait until entirely clear.

I feel safe taking the precursors though, and fasting is a great way to boost NAD_+ worry free.

These are pretty power compounds! We are definitely living in the age of biohacking...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic