Nutritionshould we just stay away from sugar?

OzSport

Re: should we just stay away from sugar?

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:12 pm What I snack on throughout the day whilst training.
1 can tuna.
1 can garden peas.
2 desert spoons virgin Olive Oil.
4 desert spoons apple cider vinegar.
Cracked Black pepper.
I mix it all together in a container and it lasts for at least 3 days in the refrigerator.
A couple of big spoonfuls every 2 to 3 hours throughout the day.
Costs about $3 Australian in total..add half a red onion to taste.
Thanks for the recipe, Newage - nutritious and tasty, that's great! Will try it out. :)

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

That sounds good. I think trying to get used to protein snacks andn at least low sugar snacks is the best idea.

I used to snack on Genoa Salami. It is high fat... and delicioso!!!!
Take it with some cheddar... my my my!
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

JohnAdams wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 am Sugar is evil
Yes it is. Welcome to the forum! :)
Newage

Post by Newage »

JohnAdams wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 am Sugar is evil
Full agreement from me also.
A serious health issue and a major marketing ploy for just about every product on supermarket shelves. It seems sugar is so addictive that most consumers don’t even realise that it is the reason they are going back to buy more and more of the sugar laden products.
Like the mouse on the treadmill the dietary wheel with sugar just goes round and round..until disease creeps in and you fall off. :shock:
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

smokinjoe wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:03 pm I think now is the best time to reduce your sugar intake.

Maybe fill up on a couple boiled eggs at night. They have gone back and forth of the 'heathiness' of eggs, but they are great for protein, sugar balance, even good cholesterol.

I think having sugar temporarily lowers your immune system. refined sugars are the enemy.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ne-system/
That's a good idea, boiled eggs. There are very few foods that make me feel full and satisfied after eating, and boiled eggs do that for me.

I wonder if 2 boiled eggs a night would be just enough, and a healthy deal. I think i might try it for a while.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:19 pm That sounds good. I think trying to get used to protein snacks andn at least low sugar snacks is the best idea.

I used to snack on Genoa Salami. It is high fat... and delicioso!!!!
Take it with some cheddar... my my my!
So true, NewLifeScience! Salami and cheese, one of my most favourite savoury snack combinations! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic