ExerciseBack on the treadmill again

Drdavid

Re: Back on the treadmill again

Post by Drdavid »

Keep up the good work. This is the reason why most home exercise equipment does not get used.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

It's a great feeling. After i finish running, a nice cool shower, and then the endorphins come.

I studied catecholamines and cortisol (stress hormones) and read how endorphins essentially bathe your blood of these inflammatory substances.

I am also continuing with ice-cold showers every 10 days. By gradually lowering the heat in the shower stream i am getting very cold showers which are invigorating. i even aim it at my belly from all sides so i can maybe kill some fat cells.

Huh? eh?
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:49 pm There is some debate about whether vitamin D supplements even work. To get enough vitamin D, you only need 10 to 15 minutes of sun exposure, two to three times a week between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
If you are far enough north, you don't get enough UV to produce Vitamin D in the winter months, so we need it in our diets... Cod liver oil used to be the means...
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Your skin produces less Vitamin D as you age, not sure on the percentage but remember 1/2 the production by 70 years old mentioned.

My own results via blood tests have shown my Vitamin D increasing to the healthy zone after supplementation of 1000IU per day + trying to get short bursts of sun, now increasing to 2000IU during winter.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yes it can help to take a supplement, but i agree it is better to get it in our diets.

I know a lot of vitamins aren't absorbable, but vitamin C and D are not among them.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Totally agree, diet is a critical to overall health and well being. Supplementation is about what you don't or can't get into your diet. I am on as short a list as possible for supplementation.

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"
Newage

Post by Newage »

Boxcost wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:30 am Totally agree, diet is a critical to overall health and well being. Supplementation is about what you don't or can't get into your diet. I am on as short a list as possible for supplementation.

Unfortunately a lot of our pastures and fields because of over cultivation are now depleted from a lot of the beneficial nutrients and minerals that once were abundant in the ground and therefore the food chain.
Also the added use of toxic pesticides etc... has not helped the cause.🥵
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Newage wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Boxcost wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:30 am Totally agree, diet is a critical to overall health and well being. Supplementation is about what you don't or can't get into your diet. I am on as short a list as possible for supplementation.

Unfortunately a lot of our pastures and fields because of over cultivation are now depleted from a lot of the beneficial nutrients and minerals that once were abundant in the ground and therefore the food chain.
Also the added use of toxic pesticides etc... has not helped the cause.🥵
Here is a great article from Scientific American

Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious?
Because of soil depletion, crops grown decades ago were much richer in vitamins and minerals than the varieties most of us get today
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... tion-loss/
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

There's a study out there that people with low vitamin D levels were more susceptible to catching the coronavirus. Most people are deficient in vitamin D. A healthy level of vitamin D in the blood should be around 45ng/ml. The only way to check this is to get a blood test done. I found a youtube video showing a study with low vitamin D levels and the virus.

https://youtu.be/zJv2pxPgwH8
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

My treadmill tells me the alleged calories i burn on a run as well as grams of fat. No idea what that is based on, but at the rate I am going... I 'should' be losing over a pound of adipose tissue each week, possibly 5 pounds a month.

We'll see. I hate stepping on the scale often as it doesn't tell you much. Much better to wait 3 months and get a surprise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic