ExerciseBack on the treadmill again

smokinjoe

Re: Back on the treadmill again

Post by smokinjoe »

I agree.

Obesity can be an invisible epidemic, especially for taller people. I could be 50 pounds overweight (yes, I have been there) and have (almost) no one think of considering me  'fat'.

But as I am losing weight now, with running, working out and fasting... the ultimate target is...    the belly.

They say you never lose fat cells, just shrink them. But with fasting, senolytics and occasionally doing the cold shower... I suspect some fat cells are being destroyed.

This would be a great topic. Going after belly fat, or any adipose tissue would be something many of us would be interested in.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Belly fat or brown fat is the last fat to shrink or leave the body with weight loss effort.
You just have to “hang in there” and remember that it took a long while to put it on so it is not going to disappear overnight..
🌶 help with weight loss.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Yes I am thinking to lose a good deal of weight, enough to know I have put a dent in the worst fat then slowly build back up with a better musculature.

Normally, I would think i am a bit too old to be taking this way, but with the benefits of NMN and other compounds and with the spare time i seem to have accumulated i think i may just be able to get my body in ship shape.

At least, better than it was.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Please keep us posted smokinjoe. We all love a good body transformation story!
Newage

Post by Newage »

Effort and a Positive Attitude. Wins every time...🥵
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Since you are working so hard on your belly, you may want to consider Reishi mushroom tea, or Oatmeal without sugar every night.

This is also discussed elsewhere, but both carry beta-glucans which can switch out your bad gut biome fora good one. And usually the bad biome is directly connected to a large amount of belly fat, while the good one is not.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well it is official, I am down 20 pounds. That is considerable.

This is also while I have been building muscle with a workout designed to target muscles from head to toe. So perhaps I have lost maybe another 5 pounds of fat. I am not bulking up the way I normally do, because I am fasting a fair bit, but any gain i make should be much more lasting.

So this could be something like 1 pound per week. That seems like a lot. Maybe not, when I consider that fasting part of it.

Anyway i am happy to be doing this during this pandemic.

I am aiming to lose another 20 by spring.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 pm My treadmill tells me the alleged calories i burn on a run as well as grams of fat. No idea what that is based on, but at the rate I am going... I 'should' be losing over a pound of adipose tissue each week, possibly 5 pounds a month.

We'll see. I hate stepping on the scale often as it doesn't tell you much. Much better to wait 3 months and get a surprise.

Well hey!

I just read an old thread from 5 months ago. I guess the data off the treadmill does bear up.

Maybe i will add 5 minutes to the run... i would love to have a flat belly again. And there will never be a better time than right now.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Two consecutive days minimum per week of strict intermittent fasting ( only 1meal with no more than 2000 kilojoules at about 5 pm ) combine it with 10/15 mins of cardio exercise daily and you will have the flat belly that you wish for. It’s not easy to do but “strong mind, flat belly”.    🤔
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Newage wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:13 pm Two consecutive days minimum per week of strict intermittent fasting ( only 1meal with no more than 2000 kilojoules at about 5 pm ) combine it with 10/15 mins of cardio exercise daily and you will have the flat belly that you wish for. It’s not easy to do but “strong mind, flat belly”.    🤔

I can do that fast... Some people never really get much of a belly. Certainly losing it is much  harder than first getting it. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic