Miscellaneous Topicsmask or no mask outside?

drkris69

Re: mask or no mask outside?

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks for the post Ozsport.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:03 am Things here are starting let up some what. Still taking the precautions as to wearing the mask and gloves when dealing with the public.
I have sourced out protective face shields much like the ones used in operating theatres.
No where as restrictive as a mask and can be wiped over with hot soapy water between use.
$10 each, a bargain compared to the possible alternative outcomes...
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Nice, I need to get a couple of those as well.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Yes the only thing I do not like about masks is when you are wearing them for a long task, like grocery shopping... if you start to sweat, then they certainly begin to lose their protective nature quickly...
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

canadahealthy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pm Yes the only thing I do not like about masks is when you are wearing them for a long task, like grocery shopping... if you start to sweat, then they certainly begin to lose their protective nature quickly...
Agreed, and because the sweating causes discomfort, one will be more likely to touch their face which is advised against!
Newage

Post by Newage »

OzSport wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:25 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pm Yes the only thing I do not like about masks is when you are wearing them for a long task, like grocery shopping... if you start to sweat, then they certainly begin to lose their protective nature quickly...
Agreed, and because the sweating causes discomfort, one will be more likely to touch their face which is advised against!
That’s where the protective shield comes into play. An inch or so away from the face and wraps around. Very comfortable to wear..👍
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Unless you are wearing a N95 mask then you are not receiving a great deal of protection. Plus remember that your eyes can also come in contact with respiratory droplets. So eye protection is also something to consider.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

I was thinking a full scuba outfit with a portable cooling unit one could tow behind them... inside a giant plastic ball you can walk in like the ones for hamsters. :)
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

smokinjoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 pm I was thinking a full scuba outfit with a portable cooling unit one could tow behind them... inside a giant plastic ball you can walk in like the ones for hamsters. :)
The government may order this gear as mandatory!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic