Miscellaneous Topicsmask or no mask outside?

jessicaP

Re: mask or no mask outside?

Post by jessicaP »

It's going to take a lot more than masks to get through this and reopen...

we all need a full set of wipeable and washable PPE.

It will cost a lot, but once everyone has them, things up a bit.

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:12 pm
OzSport wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:25 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pm Yes the only thing I do not like about masks is when you are wearing them for a long task, like grocery shopping... if you start to sweat, then they certainly begin to lose their protective nature quickly...
Agreed, and because the sweating causes discomfort, one will be more likely to touch their face which is advised against!
That’s where the protective shield comes into play. An inch or so away from the face and wraps around. Very comfortable to wear..👍
Ah, interesting...I'll have a look about the protective shields!
Idiomorphic

Post by Idiomorphic »

I wear mask when I go outside, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Idiomorphic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:25 am I wear mask when I go outside, it is better to be safe than sorry.

The problem that I see with masks is that a large percentage of the population seem to be wearing them down under their nose which defeats the problem if that person or someone else sneezes.
Human Nature can unfortunately  be “to take the easy way out”

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Idiomorphic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:25 am I wear mask when I go outside, it is better to be safe than sorry.

The problem that I see with masks is that a large percentage of the population seem to be wearing them down under their nose which defeats the problem if that person or someone else sneezes.
Human Nature can unfortunately  be “to take the easy way out”

I do find it astounding. But at least in where I am located in Canada, it is a low percentage, maybe 5%.

many teenagers and 20 somethings aren't getting it. It won't be a big problem where I am, since the current behaviour brought cases down to zero or just above zero. But it took months to get here.
Newage

Post by Newage »

People only have to become complacent with the pandemic restrictions, masks included and the virus can raise its ugly head once again as it has done in certain parts of Australia.
“A deserted island with a fishing line and one coconut tree 🌴 for me..” lol.
Takes the human risks out of the equation.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:54 pm I have an elderly parent to consider, so i have a home-made microfiber face mask, and i do the washing of everything when i return from shopping.

I think maybe 1-2% of the people i encounter are wearing a mask.

I think if we get a jump in cases, that will change.

We are in the 2nd wave (even though this is misinterpreted, a 2nd wave is really after it has actually gone through a population once) and my behaviour is much more relaxed.

I wear a mask when i go into a building that is open to the public, and while i initially wiped down the groceries... i just set aside the dry goods for 2 days and have always washed the produce. And sanitize my hands

If I have been to more than 3 places, I end up taking a shower. 4 places is a bit much, mack or no
Newage

Post by Newage »

On the spot fines in some parts of Australia at the moment if you are caught not wearing a mask without a medical exemption.
No more bandannas or scarfs, it has to be a properly fitted face mask. Can be a reusable, washable version. Authorities are out in force fining anti mask wearers on the spot...👮🏻‍♂️
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Wow talk about big brother BS!!!!
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:25 pm Wow talk about big brother BS!!!!

Yes drkris69.
These pandemic restrictions have “Shone a light” on some of our State Leaders actions that a lot of the general population does not necessarily agree with..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic