FastingSo are any of you fasting during this lockdown?

NewLifeScience

So are any of you fasting during this lockdown?

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am alternating days where i skip breakfast and/or lunch. About once per week i try skipping supper, but that inevitably leads to night time snacking.

All the same i am continuing my intermittent fasting during this time.

Boxcost

Re: So are any of you fasting during this lockdown?

Post by Boxcost »

I have been able to add in an extra day of fasting (now 3 days a week) due working from home a little more. Basically breakfast becomes a late lunch on those days - the cheapest way to boost my NAD!
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

i mix it up skipping different meals every other day... i used to try a full day fast every 2 weeks, but i don't think it is a good idea right now.
Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:57 pm i mix it up skipping different meals every other day... i used to try a full day fast every 2 weeks, but i don't think it is a good idea right now.
Why not a good idea now canadahealthy.
Because of Coronavirus?
Intermittent fasting seems to enhance my general wellbeing and I would assume therefore my immune function. Only my personal view...
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I haven't done much fasting lately.

I gather from what i am reading that people are thinking that skipping a single meal may be the way to go about this so as not to stress our systems.

I do walk outside and i am eating a healthy diet. I am also keeping mindful of my stress levels. I am noticing that people are starting to stress, particularly those who work at grocery stores.. they are exposed to 1/2 the population every 2 weeks. Not fun.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:01 pm I gather from what i am reading that people are thinking that skipping a single meal may be the way to go about this so as not to stress our systems.
Yes but don't under estimate snacking or having anything else other food / drink than water to maximise your fast. Some take black coffee during fast period, me personally just water (no supplements either). I basically try to have no food or supplements for at least 3-4 days for 16-18 hr periods during the week and keep active / exercise during the periods to accelerate the time to hit autophagy "is the natural, regulated mechanism of the cell that removes unnecessary or dysfunctional components. It allows the orderly degradation and recycling of cellular components."

You can get your body to hit autophagy within an 8-9hrs period with no food but importantly + exercise.

The "recycling" is key (+ produce more NAD for "free") and an on the more extreme fasts it has actually shown to reduce the size of organs, basically your organ getting rid of all the junk.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:49 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:57 pm i mix it up skipping different meals every other day... i used to try a full day fast every 2 weeks, but i don't think it is a good idea right now.
Why not a good idea now canadahealthy.
Because of Coronavirus?
Intermittent fasting seems to enhance my general wellbeing and I would assume therefore my immune function. Only my personal view...
I think fasting for one meal in a day is fine, but to stress the body with an entire day with no food (in the same way running 10km would) can leave it temporarily vulnerable in my opinion.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Ive been fasting now since Jan and I haven't felt this good in a long time. Ive been skipping breakfast and lunch five days per week and only eating a sensible meal around 5p or 6p. The way I do it is I drink my bulletproof coffee first thing the morning at 530a and throughout the day will have 1 cup of coffee and green tea for the rest of the day. Im 6' 1' and 212lbs. Back in Jan I was at 245lbs.
Newage

Post by Newage »

When I was young I consistently missed many meals over many many years and I never new why I felt I needed to. It just felt right and I was always in trouble from my mother because of missing breakfast and other meals consistently.
I’m now right on 70 years of age and can run a hundred metres in low 13 seconds and I am consistently told that I look in my low 50s.
Whatever my gut feeling back then was telling me now seems to being backed by some science.
Fasting, along with NMN and NAD+ seems to be an important transition in unlocking the doorway to the holy grail..
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:28 pm Ive been fasting now since Jan and I haven't felt this good in a long time. Ive been skipping breakfast and lunch five days per week and only eating a sensible meal around 5p or 6p. The way I do it is I drink my bulletproof coffee first thing the morning at 530a and throughout the day will have 1 cup of coffee and green tea for the rest of the day. Im 6' 1' and 212lbs. Back in Jan I was at 245lbs.
A shadow of the man that you used to be drkris69.. :lol: lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic