NAD+Wading through NAD+ supplement options!

raghunathanshetty

Wading through NAD+ supplement options!

Post by raghunathanshetty »

So I have been doing some research regarding NAD precursors, and trying to finalize a good (but not expensive) NAD supplement. The most popular seems to be NR. I also see a lot of Nicotinamide supplements, which has just "Nicotinamide" in it, no NR, no NMN. But I am not sure if it actually converts to NAD+ in the body? And how does it compare to the other precursors?

Also, there are a few supplements which have "Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride" in them as against simply "Nicotinamide Riboside". Does anyone know which one is better? Similarly, some supplements have "NMN β" instead of just "NMN". Again, what's the difference?

Finally, I am also buying Resveratrol to take along with NR. David Sinclair suggests taking Resveratrol with fat. He takes it with curd which is a bit surprising as curd has only 4% fat in it. Although he didn't mention the quantity of curd he takes. Does anyone know how much of fat should we take with Resveratrol? Is one spoon of curd enough? As per David, fat boosts the efficacy of Resveratrol by 3.5x. (Resveratrol boosts the efficacy of NAD+ as per David).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
web design & development company
Last edited by raghunathanshetty on Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drdavid

Re: Wading through NAD+ supplement options!

Post by Drdavid »

raghunathanshetty wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:58 am So I have been doing some research regarding NAD precursors, and trying to finalize a good (but not expensive) NAD supplement. The most popular seems to be NR. I also see a lot of Nicotinamide supplements, which has just "Nicotinamide" in it, no NR, no NMN. But I am not sure if it actually converts to NAD+ in the body? And how does it compare to the other precursors?

Also, there are a few supplements which have "Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride" in them as against simply "Nicotinamide Riboside". Does anyone know which one is better? Similarly, some supplements have "NMN β" instead of just "NMN". Again, what's the difference?

Finally, I am also buying Resveratrol to take along with NR. David Sinclair suggests taking Resveratrol with fat. He takes it with curd which is a bit surprising as curd has only 4% fat in it. Although he didn't mention the quantity of curd he takes. Does anyone know how much of fat should we take with Resveratrol? Is one spoon of curd enough? As per David, fat boosts the efficacy of Resveratrol by 3.5x. (Resveratrol boosts the efficacy of NAD+ as per David).
Here is an article that was published in Cell Metabolism that might help with your journey:

Cell Metab. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2019 Mar 6.
Published in final edited form as:
Cell Metab. 2018 Mar 6; 27(3): 529–547.
doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2018.02.011
PMCID: PMC6342515
NIHMSID: NIHMS945421
PMID: 29514064
Therapeutic potential of NAD-boosting molecules: the in vivo evidence
Luis Rajman,1 Karolina Chwalek,1 and David A. Sinclair1,2,#

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6342515/

As far as the Resveratrol question here is an article that may help:

Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2011 Jul; 72(1): 27–38.
doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.03966.x
PMCID: PMC3141184
PMID: 21410504
Resveratrol – pills to replace a healthy diet?
Veronique S Chachay,1,4 Carl M J Kirkpatrick,2,3 Ingrid J Hickman,1,4 Maree Ferguson,4 Johannes B Prins,1,5 and Jennifer H Martin6

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3141184/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic