According to this article, the top 8 anti-aging supplements are:
1. Collagen
2. Coenzyme Q10
3. Vitamin C
4. Vitamin A
5. Circumin
6. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
7. Nicotinamide Riboside
8. Crocin (now this one I hadn't heard of before...apparently it's a "carotenoid pigment found in saffron"!)

https://www.longevitylive.com/nutrition ... longevity/

RobSmith

Re: Article: "The Best Anti-Aging Supplements For Longevity"

Post by RobSmith »

Very interesting on the Crocin - also a new one on me.
I'd also add to that list Vitamin D in combination with Vitamin K2 to keep bones and teeth healthy (I've seen a noticeable improvement in my teeth since taking the K2 - staining due to micro-holes in the teeth usually returning within weeks of a deep clean at the hygienist hasn't returned at all and its been over 5 months since I last had them done!)
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Looks like a good place to start and then specialize the nutrients for your particular goals.
extesy

Post by extesy »

Drdavid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 am Looks like a good place to start and then specialize the nutrients for your particular goals.
I frequently hear this advice but I don't understand it. Can you please provide some examples? My goal is to live as long as possible and as healthy as possible. Now given that goal, how should I specialize?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

extesy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm
Drdavid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 am Looks like a good place to start and then specialize the nutrients for your particular goals.
I frequently hear this advice but I don't understand it. Can you please provide some examples? My goal is to live as long as possible and as healthy as possible. Now given that goal, how should I specialize?
This is a typical question that I get from patients. Your goal is to live as long as possible and as healthy as possible and that is great. What I want you to think about is how do you want to live? What do you want to be able to do? I have patients that are 90+ and walk 36 holes of golf every other day and others that can't get out of the wheelchair. Do you want to travel to romantic locations and enjoy the beach with a special person? Do you want to play pickleball and not kill yourself on the court? Do you want to have a well focused and functioning brain that can recall and perform executive functions? How do you want to look? All of these things and much more provide a focus on which therapies you should pursue. It also allows a practitioner to get you the biggest bang for your buck. I look at what therapies provide the most effective methods of obtaining the goals that you have set and then try to combine therapies to reduce cost and the number of products you consume. We then formulate a plan that provides results and fine tune that plan to get the best results possible for your goals. I hope this helps and if you have any additional questions please let me know.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

OzSport wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 am According to this article, the top 8 anti-aging supplements are:
1. Collagen
2. Coenzyme Q10
3. Vitamin C
4. Vitamin A
5. Circumin
6. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
7. Nicotinamide Riboside
8. Crocin (now this one I hadn't heard of before...apparently it's a "carotenoid pigment found in saffron"!)

https://www.longevitylive.com/nutrition ... longevity/
I don't quite see how collagen fits into this list.

I can see it making you look more youthful if it is somehow increased in your subcutaneous tissues - but is there evidence that it helps slow actual aging?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

extesy also keep doing what you do by being informed on the forum as new things, ie. supplements, nutriceuticals and just daily posts from different members either explaining what worked for them personally or what they have read. All of us have learned alot just by being here.
extesy

Post by extesy »

drkris69 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 am extesy also keep doing what you do by being informed on the forum as new things, ie. supplements, nutriceuticals and just daily posts from different members either explaining what worked for them personally or what they have read. All of us have learned alot just by being here.
There is a lot of subjectivity and anecdotes in personal experiences. There are people in the world who "feel" 5G waves and also "feel" effects of anti-5G miracle usb devices. I'm not trying to project anything to this forum, just explaining why I ignore all personal experiences and only trust studies with statistically significant results.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

extesy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:25 pm
drkris69 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 am extesy also keep doing what you do by being informed on the forum as new things, ie. supplements, nutriceuticals and just daily posts from different members either explaining what worked for them personally or what they have read. All of us have learned alot just by being here.
There is a lot of subjectivity and anecdotes in personal experiences. There are people in the world who "feel" 5G waves and also "feel" effects of anti-5G miracle usb devices. I'm not trying to project anything to this forum, just explaining why I ignore all personal experiences and only trust studies with statistically significant results.
I understand your thinking however, the research has not yet matured for several of the products that are being discussed on the forum. We have several animal model studies but very few human studies have been published. This year we should see a few human studies get published that will shed some light on how some of these products work in the human species. As a clinical provider I use both the research and results that people receive from the plans implemented. What I have found over the course of several decades is that the research usually catches up to the clinical results.
extesy

Post by extesy »

Drdavid wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:50 am This year we should see a few human studies get published that will shed some light on how some of these products work in the human species.
Do you mind sharing the links to the studies you are keeping an eye on?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic