NMNNMN Dosage

jocko6889

Re: NMN Dosage

Post by jocko6889 »

.Thanks for detailed reply. I am taking 1000 mg NMN dissolved in water but that batch is almost finished and I've just received my first batch of sublingual NMN from our host so will be switching to that in a few days and will try to distribute it in the day as much as I can but I got a problem there. Due to a drug I was on, I used to have very vivid dreams sometimes nightmares. These dreams decreased after I stopped taking the drug but NMN brought those dreams back very very strongly especially when I don't take the whole dosage of 1000 mg in the morning and distribute it through out the day, and disrupted my sleep considerably. Very cautious and apprehensive to see what difference sublingual NMN will make in this respect especially if I divide the dose and take it through out the day. It looks like David does not favor sublingual form of NMN and he is bit evasive answering questions on the topic, I am bit surprised and puzzled with that.
I am taking 1000 mcg Methyl B12 and 500 - 800 mcg Methyl folate a day (the reason for variation is that the folate capsule is 5000 mcg and I divide it but not too sure how successful I am dividing it equally) I also take a complete Vitamin B tablet to supplement B12. Not to mention 1000 mg Metformin. Will have my first blood test next Monday after taking above for 3 months, very excited to see the results.
What's the name if the drug you were on causing nightmares? I know there are some prescription sleep aids that have that effect. May just take some time to get completely out of your system.

Be careful you don't take any NMN after around 7pm. You'll have to experiment with what time to stop during the day as it can keep you awake. Actually there are some people who have to take their entire dose in the morning as they are very sensitive to it and have trouble sleeping. Sinclair has stated that ALL methods, including sublingual have merit and he doesn't know for sure which way is best.

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:10 pm
.Thanks for detailed reply. I am taking 1000 mg NMN dissolved in water but that batch is almost finished and I've just received my first batch of sublingual NMN from our host so will be switching to that in a few days and will try to distribute it in the day as much as I can but I got a problem there. Due to a drug I was on, I used to have very vivid dreams sometimes nightmares. These dreams decreased after I stopped taking the drug but NMN brought those dreams back very very strongly especially when I don't take the whole dosage of 1000 mg in the morning and distribute it through out the day, and disrupted my sleep considerably. Very cautious and apprehensive to see what difference sublingual NMN will make in this respect especially if I divide the dose and take it through out the day. It looks like David does not favor sublingual form of NMN and he is bit evasive answering questions on the topic, I am bit surprised and puzzled with that.
I am taking 1000 mcg Methyl B12 and 500 - 800 mcg Methyl folate a day (the reason for variation is that the folate capsule is 5000 mcg and I divide it but not too sure how successful I am dividing it equally) I also take a complete Vitamin B tablet to supplement B12. Not to mention 1000 mg Metformin. Will have my first blood test next Monday after taking above for 3 months, very excited to see the results.
What's the name if the drug you were on causing nightmares? I know there are some prescription sleep aids that have that effect. May just take some time to get completely out of your system.

Be careful you don't take any NMN after around 7pm. You'll have to experiment with what time to stop during the day as it can keep you awake. Actually there are some people who have to take their entire dose in the morning as they are very sensitive to it and have trouble sleeping. Sinclair has stated that ALL methods, including sublingual have merit and he doesn't know for sure which way is best.
It is an old tricyclic antidepressant called amitriptyline. I was prescribed a low dosage of it (10 mg) to help with my sleep. It did helped in that respect but caused so much vivid dreams sometimes nightmares so I stopped it but that was about a month ago. It should be completely out of my body by now. I've never taken NMN any later than 5 PM when I divided the dose but even that created a lot of dreams.
On his book's web site (lifespanbook.com) David says he doesn't take NMN sublingual and the way he expresses his opinion even though it is not straight forward he sort of insinuates that he does not like sublingual. Anyway. I'll have to try the sublingual form and see how it goes.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Arnie.
From my experience the vivid dreams when taking NMN only last for a short period of time.
The dreams become less frequent as the body adjusts to the molecule. You may be taking too much too soon. Initially I started on 250mg per day and increased by 125 mg per day each week reaching your maximum dose (depending on what that is) over 4 to 6 weeks.
For the record, I enjoyed the dreams. 💤
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Newage wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:43 pm Arnie.
From my experience the vivid dreams when taking NMN only last for a short period of time.
The dreams become less frequent as the body adjusts to the molecule. You may be taking too much too soon. Initially I started on 250mg per day and increased by 125 mg per day each week reaching your maximum dose (depending on what that is) over 4 to 6 weeks.
For the record, I enjoyed the dreams. 💤
I did the similar thing came up to 1000 mg dosage slowly. My dreams are very weird and persistent, even if I wake up and then go back to sleep it just continues like a very bad soap opera :D
Newage

Post by Newage »

Another question Arnie.
Is the current NMN that you are taking from AliveByNature or from a different supplier?
I had some questionable products from other offshore suppliers before I found AliveByNature products..
AliveByNature products are definitely the only ones that I personally would use after my early negative experiences..
zmm

Post by zmm »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am
Welcome, Arnie! Good questions. My understanding is there was an interview by Glenda Greenwald of David Sinclair last week in which he stated there were first ever results of an NMN human trial.
Is there somewhere I can hear or read the Glenda interview?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

zmm wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 am
Welcome, Arnie! Good questions. My understanding is there was an interview by Glenda Greenwald of David Sinclair last week in which he stated there were first ever results of an NMN human trial.
It's not posted anywhere to my knowledge yet.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

If someone finds that interview please post it here. Im sure we would all like to see it.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Newage wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 am Another question Arnie.
Is the current NMN that you are taking from AliveByNature or from a different supplier?
I had some questionable products from other offshore suppliers before I found AliveByNature products..
AliveByNature products are definitely the only ones that I personally would use after my early negative experiences..
Previously I was using Double wood's NMN just started taking AliveByNature's NMN today.
A caution about Double wood, all of the three 30 gr bulk NMN I purchased them where 27 - 27.5 grams not 30. when I wrote them, they didn't even bother to respond. SO STAY AWAY FROM DOUBLE WOOD.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

jocko6889 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:15 pm
zmm wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 am
It's not posted anywhere to my knowledge yet.
How did you find out about it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic