NMNNMN Dosage

Arnie

NMN Dosage

Post by Arnie »

A new member here. I've been taking 1000 mg bulk NMN & Resveratrol for 3 months. Being water soluble NMN taken at once as 1000 mg feels like a bit waste to me. It might have been discussed on the forum so my apologies if it is repetitive but what is the consensus on dosage of NMN? Another question is how to take it, Should 1000 mg be divided into a few intakes throughout the day or just take it in the morning. I know David takes it in the morning but his dosage declarations varies between 500 and 1000 mg on different interviews even though he says he takes 1000 mg in the book. Also there is the case of sublingual. David says he doesn't take it sublingual!?! So is there any point taking it sublingual.?

jocko6889

Re: NMN Dosage

Post by jocko6889 »

Arnie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:58 am A new member here. I've been taking 1000 mg bulk NMN & Resveratrol for 3 months. Being water soluble NMN taken at once as 1000 mg feels like a bit waste to me. It might have been discussed on the forum so my apologies if it is repetitive but what is the consensus on dosage of NMN? Another question is how to take it, Should 1000 mg be divided into a few intakes throughout the day or just take it in the morning. I know David takes it in the morning but his dosage declarations varies between 500 and 1000 mg on different interviews even though he says he takes 1000 mg in the book. Also there is the case of sublingual. David says he doesn't take it sublingual!?! So is there any point taking it sublingual.?
Welcome, Arnie! Good questions. My understanding is there was an interview by Glenda Greenwald of David Sinclair last week in which he stated there were first ever results of an NMN human trial. Although they only concluded phase I, it apparently showed a substantial increase in NAD+ levels using NMN. The question is, could they have achieved even greater results using it sublingually or by breaking the dosage up throughout the day? Perhaps more human trials will answer these questions. Sinclair has stated he believes ALL these methods have merit and even he does not know for sure.

Personally, I believe getting the NMN straight into the bloodstream via sublingual route gives it a greater chance to reach the tissues intact. Going through the digestive system is much more difficult and I think too much will get broken down into ordinary nicotinamide. I think it also makes sense to try and mimic natural circadian rhythms and break the dosage up if possible. This is speculation based on logic and theory and may or may not reflect what actually happens inside the body. At any rate, the key point is I don't believe the sublingual/circadian method could produce WORSE results than taking oral/morning doses and could very well prove to be even better. Time will tell.

As for dosage 1000 mg (1 gram) is a good dose and highly recommended. You could even go 1.5 grams and be just fine but I wouldn't go much higher than that. It is recommended you take something to replace lost methyl groups at the dose we're talking about. I was using 750mg of TMG (trimethylglycine) per day until I read that Sinclair recently switched from that to a combination of Methyl Folate and Methyl B12. Maybe this is a healthier alternative, so I've done the same. Didn't know his dosage of each so I'm guessing on that until I get more info.

The only other thing not mentioned is NAC 600mg per day. In Sinclair's mouse studies, H2S was used to boost the effects of NMN by up to 40 percent. We can't take H2S directly, so NAC is used and is converted safely in the body to H2S. That's my understanding but I could be mistaken as I've never heard Sinclair talk about taking NAC himself (one person even said that recently he's rumored to have advised against it). Sometimes it's hard to know what to believe. We are all engaging in various forms of biohacking.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Arnie welcome to the forum. As far as NMN is concerned, Ive been on NMN now for 13 mos and still loving the results that it gives. Ive taken it in the past all at one time during the day and got results but I find that if you break up the dose and take it throughout the day in divided doses I found it worked better probably due to better absorption.
Feel free to ask questions here as most of us have been taking these products for a while now and know what works and what doesn't. Have you tried ABN's products yet? You will love these products as they are pharmaceutical grade which is the highest purity that you can get. Here's to your health Arnie and welcome.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am It is recommended you take something to replace lost methyl groups at the dose we're talking about. I was using 750mg of TMG (trimethylglycine) per day until I read that Sinclair recently switched from that to a combination of Methyl Folate and Methyl B12. Maybe this is a healthier alternative, so I've done the same. Didn't know his dosage of each so I'm guessing on that until I get more info.
Hey, this is the first time I've seen anyone comment "lost methyl groups". Could someone explain what this means, please?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

RobSmith wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 am
jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am It is recommended you take something to replace lost methyl groups at the dose we're talking about. I was using 750mg of TMG (trimethylglycine) per day until I read that Sinclair recently switched from that to a combination of Methyl Folate and Methyl B12. Maybe this is a healthier alternative, so I've done the same. Didn't know his dosage of each so I'm guessing on that until I get more info.
Hey, this is the first time I've seen anyone comment "lost methyl groups". Could someone explain what this means, please?
Byproducts from NAD+ use are excreted out the urine along with a methyl group. Depending on how much NMN you are using, this could cause a shortage of methyl groups, in which case you should supplement. Methyl groups are needed for synthesizing creatine for muscle and dopamine for the brain. Having a shortage could mean feeling tired and/or depressed.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Jocko how much of the methyl folate and B12 are you taking? What MG or MCG?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 pm Jocko how much of the methyl folate and B12 are you taking? What MG or MCG?
5,000 mcg of Methyl B12
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07N4JZC ... asin_title

1,000 mcg of Methyl Folate
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07T8C9N ... asin_title

I'm taking one capsule of each per day. These are complete WAG's (wild-ass guesses) as Sinclair has not stated how much of each he is taking in place of TMG. So use the "how do I feel" method for now. If tired and/or depressed you are probably low on methyl groups, so up your dose. Having a little extra in your system is not going to hurt you if you overshoot.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Thanks for the explanation Jocko - glad to say I haven't felt depressed or tired in any way, but at least I know what to do if that occurs now.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks jocko will be ordering both today!
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

jocko6889 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 am
Arnie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:58 am A new member here. I've been taking 1000 mg bulk NMN & Resveratrol for 3 months. Being water soluble NMN taken at once as 1000 mg feels like a bit waste to me. It might have been discussed on the forum so my apologies if it is repetitive but what is the consensus on dosage of NMN? Another question is how to take it, Should 1000 mg be divided into a few intakes throughout the day or just take it in the morning. I know David takes it in the morning but his dosage declarations varies between 500 and 1000 mg on different interviews even though he says he takes 1000 mg in the book. Also there is the case of sublingual. David says he doesn't take it sublingual!?! So is there any point taking it sublingual.?
Welcome, Arnie! Good questions. My understanding is there was an interview by Glenda Greenwald of David Sinclair last week in which he stated there were first ever results of an NMN human trial. Although they only concluded phase I, it apparently showed a substantial increase in NAD+ levels using NMN. The question is, could they have achieved even greater results using it sublingually or by breaking the dosage up throughout the day? Perhaps more human trials will answer these questions. Sinclair has stated he believes ALL these methods have merit and even he does not know for sure.

Personally, I believe getting the NMN straight into the bloodstream via sublingual route gives it a greater chance to reach the tissues intact. Going through the digestive system is much more difficult and I think too much will get broken down into ordinary nicotinamide. I think it also makes sense to try and mimic natural circadian rhythms and break the dosage up if possible. This is speculation based on logic and theory and may or may not reflect what actually happens inside the body. At any rate, the key point is I don't believe the sublingual/circadian method could produce WORSE results than taking oral/morning doses and could very well prove to be even better. Time will tell.

As for dosage 1000 mg (1 gram) is a good dose and highly recommended. You could even go 1.5 grams and be just fine but I wouldn't go much higher than that. It is recommended you take something to replace lost methyl groups at the dose we're talking about. I was using 750mg of TMG (trimethylglycine) per day until I read that Sinclair recently switched from that to a combination of Methyl Folate and Methyl B12. Maybe this is a healthier alternative, so I've done the same. Didn't know his dosage of each so I'm guessing on that until I get more info.

The only other thing not mentioned is NAC 600mg per day. In Sinclair's mouse studies, H2S was used to boost the effects of NMN by up to 40 percent. We can't take H2S directly, so NAC is used and is converted safely in the body to H2S. That's my understanding but I could be mistaken as I've never heard Sinclair talk about taking NAC himself (one person even said that recently he's rumored to have advised against it). Sometimes it's hard to know what to believe. We are all engaging in various forms of biohacking.
Thanks for detailed reply. I am taking 1000 mg NMN dissolved in water but that batch is almost finished and I've just received my first batch of sublingual NMN from our host so will be switching to that in a few days and will try to distribute it in the day as much as I can but I got a problem there. Due to a drug I was on, I used to have very vivid dreams sometimes nightmares. These dreams decreased after I stopped taking the drug but NMN brought those dreams back very very strongly especially when I don't take the whole dosage of 1000 mg in the morning and distribute it through out the day, and disrupted my sleep considerably. Very cautious and apprehensive to see what difference sublingual NMN will make in this respect especially if I divide the dose and take it through out the day. It looks like David does not favor sublingual form of NMN and he is bit evasive answering questions on the topic, I am bit surprised and puzzled with that.
I am taking 1000 mcg Methyl B12 and 500 - 800 mcg Methyl folate a day (the reason for variation is that the folate capsule is 5000 mcg and I divide it but not too sure how successful I am dividing it equally) I also take a complete Vitamin B tablet to supplement B12. Not to mention 1000 mg Metformin. Will have my first blood test next Monday after taking above for 3 months, very excited to see the results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic