FastingFasting with moderate protein, 7 days

NewLifeScience

Fasting with moderate protein, 7 days

Post by NewLifeScience »

I forget the special rapamycin fast details, but i am on a calorie restricted diet while i self isolate due to changing provinces.

So while some days will have more protein than others. My daily calorie intake should hover around 600.

I am also doing some reasonably heavy physical labour, so coffee will be my go to during the day, as well as tons of water.

drkris69

Re: Fasting with moderate protein, 7 days

Post by drkris69 »

Wow, 600 cal per day is low. Have you tried eating moderate good fats with moderate protein? Basically Keto works for me.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Wow 600 cal is very low - you must have a very slow metabolism!!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I agree it is low.. but i am also trying to lose a bit of weight.

There happens to be a heat wave where I am right now, so i have been pacing myself.

It seems i can toggle my metabolism. By day 3 of this fast, i was fine, just appreciating my coffee.

It ended gloriously today with a nice healthy pasta dish and dark leafy greens for salad.

I am pretty sure the pants are looser as well.

But hopefully that boosted rapamycin production. I am fascinated by that particular substance.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Yes that sounds like you did an extreme fast.

How are you feeling, now that you are back in calorie land.

I am confident you pulled off the rapamycin fast. Fred described it very well, and it sounds like you did it.

Way to go!
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Yes, 600 calories does seem low especially if you are also doing heavy physical labour, but every one is different so if it's working for you, congrats that's great! Just remember to stay hydrated! :)
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

It was extreme and i drank tons of water and i have never sweat like that.

I actually lost 10 pounds. This is 5 days after the fast ended, so it isn't water loss, i burned 10 pounds of fat in a crazy fast i will never try again.

I just wanted to have the rapamycin effect going for me once for 2020.

Thanks folks :)
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 pm I forget the special rapamycin fast details, but i am on a calorie restricted diet while i self isolate due to changing provinces.

So while some days will have more protein than others. My daily calorie intake should hover around 600.

I am also doing some reasonably heavy physical labour, so coffee will be my go to during the day, as well as tons of water.

So you were aiming to produce the rapamycin effect with this fast? I thought about doing it but 7 days does seem long.

But if you were doing physical labour, maybe it is something i can do once.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

smokinjoe wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 pm I forget the special rapamycin fast details, but i am on a calorie restricted diet while i self isolate due to changing provinces.

So you were aiming to produce the rapamycin effect with this fast? I thought about doing it but 7 days does seem long.

Yes it was definitely for rapamycin. But also i knew i'd burn some fat i'd accumulated over the winter.

After returning from that intense trip i have been running about 2.5 miles every second day. I also do 15 minutes of isometric exercises. I think i am approaching a nice physical shape for the first time in 8 years or so and it feels fantastic.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:09 pm
smokinjoe wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Yes it was definitely for rapamycin. But also i knew i'd burn some fat i'd accumulated over the winter.

After returning from that intense trip i have been running about 2.5 miles every second day. I also do 15 minutes of isometric exercises. I think i am approaching a nice physical shape for the first time in 8 years or so and it feels fantastic.
Isometrics.. that takes me back to high school. So that is largely using various body parts for resistance type exercises? Are you doing largely upper body?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic