SenolyticsMelatonin

drkris69

Re: Melatonin

Post by drkris69 »

Wow, its good to know that Melatonin adds length to telomerase!

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

This is something i did not know. Now melatonin is a triple threat.

I never thought of taking it until i was over 50... i remember when it first came out, learning a lot about the pineal gland (essentially our third eye as far as light detection and absorption) and the fact that is begins to calcify once we are past our prime. In some elderly persons, it was not even functioning in the latter few years of their life.

With all the listed benefits of the many compounds we are discovering, i would not be surprised that we can preserve the health and longevity of our glands by taking NMN, certain senolytics. I am also learning from the links posted by smokinjoe that as other hormones are, melatonin can be manufactured in our intestines.

So we have low dose melatonin and its benefits. We have the ability to preserve the function of our hormonal glands by following our protocols to extend our lifespan and healthspan and we are learning that some of this activity is happening in our gut.

I have been thinking a lot about gut health. For example how long does a gut exposed to essentially bad foods (simple carbs, aspertame, processed foods, etc.) take to recover and 'go back' to the gut biome that best serves us.

Dr. Rhonda Patrick suggests this can happen by drastically reducing our sugar intake and eating a lot of oatmeal which is known to restore our biome. And or course there are the capsules full of gut bacteria that we can take. I am not interested in having a strict diet - aside from avoiding the really bad foods, i want to enjoy eating and fasting... but i do want a healthy gut.

Overall, a healthy gut is part of the life-extension process.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Melatonin as a supplement plays havoc with me especially the next day after unimproved sleep.
It helps in going to sleep but then seems with me to reverse the process about 3 to 4 am.
I then feel very groggy for the majority of the next day. My trial dosage was fairly high so maybe a half to 1mg could be ok?
Good health definitely “starts and finishes” in the gut.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Wow, its crazy how these different molecules mess with people. I can take 10mgs of Melatonin and have the best night's sleep.
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:39 pm Wow, its crazy how these different molecules mess with people. I can take 10mgs of Melatonin and have the best night's sleep.
If I was to take 10mg drkris69, the next day it would be a remake of the next “Zombie” movie 🍿 and I would be the star...
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

LOL Newage! You make me chuckle now and then with your descriptive outputs! :D
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I never found it much good for sleep. But it isn't expensive and I am al for telomere lengthening.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Not sure if it would be cheaper or more expensive, but aromatherapy with lavender essential oil could be an alternative to boost melatonin with increased production in your own body... http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbclip/644/ ... aff960c87f
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

If anything, the house would smell really good! :D
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yup, this is now on my 'list'

or i guess everyone calls it their 'stack'. 

:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic