NMNDosage Sublingual Powder for Fertility

Fertility

Dosage Sublingual Powder for Fertility

Post by Fertility »

Hi all,

We have purchased the sublingual NMN powder after reading a couple studies about it’s potential for increased egg quality. My wife has had some stomach aches/cramps when taking. Can anyone advise on dosage? How many of the small scoops to take for fertility? Anyone here have experience?

We’d be grateful for any advice.

Also, while I have you should be be paring with NAD+? As I understood it NMN helps produce NAD naturally.

Thank you

AlbertY

Re: Dosage Sublingual Powder for Fertility

Post by AlbertY »

Fertility wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 pm Hi all,

We have purchased the sublingual NMN powder after reading a couple studies about it’s potential for increased egg quality. My wife has had some stomach aches/cramps when taking. Can anyone advise on dosage? How many of the small scoops to take for fertility? Anyone here have experience?

Also, while I have you should be be paring with NAD+? As I understood it NMN helps produce NAD naturally.

Thank you
Welcome to the forum!

Based on this study https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2020.01.058, they shows that "the loss of oocyte quality with age accompanies declining levels of the prominent metabolic cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). Treatment with the NAD+ metabolic precursor nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) rejuvenates oocyte quality in aged animals, leading to restoration in fertility, and this can be recapitulated by transgenic overexpression of the NAD+-dependent deacylase SIRT2, though deletion of this enzyme does not impair oocyte quality. These benefits of NMN extend to the developing embryo, where supplementation reverses the adverse effect of maternal age on developmental milestones. These findings suggest that late-life restoration of NAD+ levels represents an opportunity to rescue female reproductive function in mammals"

This is a mice study and the dose they were using is 500mg/kg weight. If you want to translate the dose to human, it will be approximately 40mg/kg body weight. Assuming your wife is around 50 kg, it will be 2000mg per day. HOWEVER, in animal study we always tend to use a high dose to get significant result. Here most of people use 500-1000mg per day without adversary effect reported as I'm aware. So maybe consider this dose.

And if your wife shows adversary effect, as you mentioned, definalty looking for doctor's advice just in case.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fertility

Post by Fertility »

Thank you for the great response. Very helpful!
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

In terms of dose assuming 125 mg scoop, my friend in IVF using 375mg per day (3 scoops) significantly improved the quality of her eggs, she is bumping it up to 500mg (4 scopes). Most women on NMN I know are 375 mg to 500 mg per day and feeling better.

Start low if you can and build up to allow your body to get used to it. I also had a female friend who also got a stomach ache in the first week on NMN, but all good after that.

I finish taking NMN by about 3PM and spread it though 3-4 doses from morning, some people (me included) have disruption to sleep taking NMN closer to bed time.

Depending on your diet and genetics you may need to supplement your methyl donors.

On NAD+ people report good synergy with NMN. I supplement with 100mg of NAD+ nasal spray and 200mg in the ABN Renue Transdermal Lotion.
Fertility

Post by Fertility »

Extremely helpful. Thank you so much. Great to hear about your friend. Gives us a little hope!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Boxcost wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:51 am In terms of dose assuming 125 mg scoop, my friend in IVF using 375mg per day (3 scoops) significantly improved the quality of her eggs, she is bumping it up to 500mg (4 scopes). Most women on NMN I know are 375 mg to 500 mg per day and feeling better.

Start low if you can and build up to allow your body to get used to it. I also had a female friend who also got a stomach ache in the first week on NMN, but all good after that.

I finish taking NMN by about 3PM and spread it though 3-4 doses from morning, some people (me included) have disruption to sleep taking NMN closer to bed time.

Depending on your diet and genetics you may need to supplement your methyl donors.

On NAD+ people report good synergy with NMN. I supplement with 100mg of NAD+ nasal spray and 200mg in the ABN Renue Transdermal Lotion.
Great recommendations! Also look at your mineral balance.
Fertility

Post by Fertility »

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. Really appreciate it. Any suggestions on how to look at mineral balance? Also interested in any supplements associated with slowing down the pituitary gland.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Fertility wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:04 pm Thank you so much. This is very helpful. Really appreciate it. Any suggestions on how to look at mineral balance? Also interested in any supplements associated with slowing down the pituitary gland.
check labtestsonline.com they should have a trace mineral panel.
Oton

Post by Oton »

Fertility wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 pm Hi all,

Thank you

Hey, did you have any good result?
Fertility

Post by Fertility »

Hi my wife and I have bought as well. But noticed that the spoon size is different in the new formula, so wondering the same question. Very interested in any results you may have. We are not sure if it was NMN but we did get our best quality embryo this last retrieval.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic