ExerciseIs walking any good for burning fat?

jocko6889

Re: Is walking any good for burning fat?

Post by jocko6889 »

walkersimonis wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:23 am I mean a brisk walk, maybe 20min/ mile....
It just feels so easy and chill/fun way to burn some calories
-Some people say good things come to those who wait, truth is, good things come to those who work..... who work later.....who work harder...... who are willing to go further than anyone else to get them. If you're waiting for good things to come to you, you'll be waiting for a pretty long time.
-I'd rather live life saying "I failed" than "I could have"
I read that 150 minutes of walking per week has a very beneficial health effect. The only issue I have with training outdoors all the time is the weather doesn't always allow for a decent workout, so I have a treadmill, ski machine, and indoor trainer for my bike during cold months, rain, or 100 degree heat. Otherwise I'll be outside on my racing bike.

Newage

Post by Newage »

walkersimonis wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:23 am I mean a brisk walk, maybe 20min/ mile....
-Some people say good things come to those who wait, truth is, good things come to those who work..... who work later.....who work harder...... who are willing to go further than anyone else to get them. If you're waiting for good things to come to you, you'll be waiting for a pretty long time.
Amen to that....🏃‍♂️
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I believe it is what ever works for the individual. You have to hack your week to include physical activity as locked in events - rain hail shine!

I personally mountain bike ride through nature 1 to 2 times a week, take the stairs instead of the lift, walk quickly / run up escalators and stairs, take the long way to take the trash out, row 2km 3 times a week, park in the first parking spot I find instead of spending 10 min finding / getting the one out the front, go as hard as I can when washing a car (wax on wax off :) ,etc, etc. I personally find going for a walk boring and pointless unless I am on holidays..but nothing wrong with it if it works for you.
AlexanderT

Post by AlexanderT »

“Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.”
— Søren Kierkegaard
Newage

Post by Newage »

There’s nothing like a good walk to rejuvenate body and soul. It gives you a chance to reflect on the days activities both good and bad.
A walk can nearly pass as a form of “active” relaxation, if there is such a thing...
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

AlexanderT wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:26 am “Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.”
— Søren Kierkegaard
What a great quote, thanks for sharing!
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:49 pm There’s nothing like a good walk to rejuvenate body and soul. It gives you a chance to reflect on the days activities both good and bad.
A walk can nearly pass as a form of “active” relaxation, if there is such a thing...
I completely agree! The great thing about walking is that it can be done anywhere, and when done in a park / area with lots of greenery, you get the double hit of positive benefits for the brain...check out this article that talks about it:
https://www.thehealthjournals.com/walk- ... ody-brain/
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

I reckon if you consistently do the brisk walk, combined with good eating habits and restful sleep, you will burn fat...and also feel amazing!

I feel that this song encompasses your last sentence, one of my favourites! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rxydSolwU
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Amen to that is right! I walk/run 5 to 7 miles per day 6 days per week. I dont feel like myself unless I get those miles in daily. NMN makes the difference to where I can do this. Ive been on NMN now for 1.3 years and it alone has made a huge change in my endurance, mood and appearance as well. :D
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I think it is good for you, not sure if it burns fat.

While running it takes roughly 12-15 minutes to burn off the nitrogen our body first uses for energy - then it starts with fat. I would think you'd have to walk for 45 minutes hour to burn off the nitrogen, then would have to continue to begin burning some fat.

Speed walking may be better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic