ExerciseBowflex and Punching bag

ChrisBON

Bowflex and Punching bag

Post by ChrisBON »

I have saved enough money for a punching bag and gloves, and soon will get a bowflex.

I am using the elliptical  for a light cardio workout and hope to have a good rhythm this winter.

It's amazing that these machines (Bowflex) once sold for over $3000 and you can now get a used one (usually barely used) for about $300.

I have been losing weight due to fasting and and cardio - so i guess i want to build up some muscle, to avoid that skinny tired look. :)

NewLifeScience

Re: Bowflex and Punching bag

Post by NewLifeScience »

I was one of those who bought a bowflex when they first came out, and as it was financed, i bought a few extras like the ab worker and the extra weight.

The price was ridiculous... but i had it for about 2 years before deciding to sell it for a move.. 
at least i got $800!!!!!

I am glad i had it though.. i used it quite regularly and got myself in pretty good shape. I had a loft at the time with a treadmill and a kick-bag... But the cool thing with the bowflex is that you could use it while listening to music or tv it was very quiet.

Also far saver for your muscles, you are much less likely to injure your self.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Nothing better than cardio on the treadmill and elliptical for the lower body and belly... and then the punching/kicking bag for upper body and legs... so a full body cardio.

Not to mention a great way to reduce stress. 
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I think everyone should have some workout equipment at home. Its looking like we might have another shutdown happening around or after Thanksgiving. I have found quite a bit on Market place FB for used workout equipment. :)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

The funny thing is, most people I know are gaining weight, they may have had gym memberships and somehow it doesn't translate to working out at home.

I am seeing a LOT of people getting fatter while i am getting pretty fit.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Alll these athletic exercises. We sound like a bunch of 20 somethings... when we are more like 40 and 50 somethings.

That is the whole point, I guess. :)
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

CeeJayBee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:19 am Alll these athletic exercises. We sound like a bunch of 20 somethings... when we are more like 40 and 50 somethings.

That is the whole point, I guess. :)

Wow, you're right. This isn't a typical web forum... 

But I wonder how many of  us are doing something to get the heart rate up for at least 15 minutes. I am only doing it 2-4 times a week.

Historically, I was running every day and yes, it can be addictive. I then settled on 2 days off per week.

I do a light workout on alternate days, but i wouldn't call it aerobic exercise.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well  I was on Facebook marketplace the other night. Bowflexes for sale everywhere.

I can get an advanced version of what I had paid thousands for years ago - for under $400.

That's crazy and awesome.

Gonna get all buff!
LurlineSetser

Post by LurlineSetser »

I prefer the standing ones. I used to have a hanging one, and during a more intense workout on it, it ended up causing damage where it was hanging. However, if you have proper support, hanging is the way to go

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Well, i have the whole workout room set up. The bowflex blaze (wow they need a lot of room) the treadmill, the kick/punching bag and a bike (which i don't use).

Now that the weight is coming off i need to up my training and get some more muscle. 

Remarkable to be here again (losing major fat) at 53. It's easier to 'hide' when you are tall - but it was still there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic