Renue NAD+ Skin CareRenue NAD+ for hair loss (androgenic alopecia)

thomasdmd

Renue NAD+ for hair loss (androgenic alopecia)

Post by thomasdmd »

I received my first bottle of Renue NAD+ and want to try it in the hopes or reversing male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia).
Most of the research on Androgenic Alopecia has focused on the hormones involved such as dihydrotestosterone and 5-alpha-reductase.
But what cellular process is changing as we age that changes these hormones?
Why does male pattern baldness worsen as men age?
Why does male pattern baldness affect some areas (apex & vertex) of the scalp more than others?
My logic may be too simple, but I am thinking it could be related to the age related decline in NAD+
Has anyone tried topical NAD+ for this purpose?
Any changes noted?

Newage

Re: Renue NAD+ for hair loss (androgenic alopecia)

Post by Newage »

thomasdmd wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:12 am I received my first bottle of Renue NAD+ and want to try it in the hopes or reversing male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia).
Most of the research on Androgenic Alopecia has focused on the hormones involved such as dihydrotestosterone and 5-alpha-reductase.
Why does male pattern baldness affect some areas (apex & vertex) of the scalp more than others?
My logic may be too simple, but I am thinking it could be related to the age related decline in NAD+
Any changes noted?
There seem to be a few of us on the forum that are experimenting with Renue by way of rubbing it into areas where there is noticeable hair thinning..probably a little early as yet for results but time will tell. Stay tuned for any developments. :roll:
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I am looking for the thread.

My understanding was that Retinol A serum (5% or higher) and a derivitave of Vitmain E; tocotrienol (which happens to be high in Rice Bran Oil) was the recommendation...

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=667&p=857&hilit=tocotrienol#p857
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

So you rub the retinol A into the scalp, and consume the Rice Bran... either with food or take a 1/2 teaspoonful...???
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE »

Newage wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:58 am
thomasdmd wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:12 am I received my first bottle of Renue NAD+ and want to try it in the hopes or reversing male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia).
Any changes noted?
There seem to be a few of us on the forum that are experimenting with Renue by way of rubbing it into areas where there is noticeable hair thinning..probably a little early as yet for results but time will tell. Stay tuned for any developments. :roll:

I can't say if Renue helps with hair growth or not. If it does, the new face serum will probably be a more effective form, as it doesn't have shea butter or any moisturizer, so reaches the scalp better. Excited to get that in peoples hands (and scalps).
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

I use minoxidil twice daily, so have been experimenting with adding a couple squirts of liposomal NAD+ gel into each 2oz bottle.

There's also a good study on using 1.5mm microneedling on the scalp along with minoxidil and results were quite good compared to the control group.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes please keep us posted if Renue works on restoring hair loss.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I have yet to see any product actually do something meaningful for hair restoration.

A few strands or slightly thickened hairs is not worth the time or expense.

IMO either you have a bald spot or you don't. reducing it by 10-20% will not change that fact.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I have not considered NMN/NAD+ as a choice for hair restoration however it could make sense. We are currently using PRP in the clinics for hair restoration and have seen good results. I would like to hear if any of you see results with the ABN products for hair restoration.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Hi DrDavid,
Which product are you leaning toward?
The renue skin product with NAD+?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic