NMN84 year old mother is responding to NMN

canadahealthy

84 year old mother is responding to NMN

Post by canadahealthy »

well it took about 3 months. A few false starts but thanks to the pleasant Stevia flavour my mother has finally been taking NMN 6 days a week for 12 weeks. She has had a rough couple of years, beginning with pneumonia that left her more frail than before and a heart issue, also due to the pneumonia.

Also a tragic death in the family was another blow. I was wondering if she could ever recover.

But in the last week it has been significant. A better appetite. Better endurance. More energy. But most of all, an observable improved sense of wellbeing. More talkative.

That is what i recognised today, since that is what i had experiences once i had been taking 500mg NMN for about 1 month.

Also her chronic pain is getting more manageable.

I am thinking all these things seem to be happening at once since i think that is how NMN works. As levels are brought to the right degree and once a few weeks go by, things just start functioning better.

All of these changes are subtle, but noticeable. Up until 2 weeks ago, she was barely eating 1/3 of what was on her plate for supper. Now she is eating everything on her plate.

This is bittersweet of course. I wish this stuff had been around a decade or more ago. But if I can help make her life more liveable and less painful - i will do whatever it takes.

Newage

Re: 84 year old mother is responding to NMN

Post by Newage »

That’s very good news canadahealthy.
Keep us all updated with her ongoing improvement..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes, thats awesome news Canadahealthy! I love hearing this...
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I also congratulate you. Obviously you care a great deal about your mother and i am glad you see that she gets more comfort. I am sure that is good for the both of you.

I also think it is wise to skip a day. 

I also seemed to experience my observable gains all during a 2 week period. I agree that it must be related to reaching our 'sweet spot' as far as dosage is concerned, and having that perfect level of NMN (and other things) reach the right level in our bodies.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Thank you all. I appreciate it. :)

I am also giving my mother B12 as methylcobalamin and folate as l-methylfolate occasionally just to make sure she doesn't have any side effects from 'too much' methylation.

I can only observe what she reports right now. I love that she is in less pain.
Newage

Post by Newage »

After 60 years of age every year of ageing seems to equal 2 years and after 70 it is the equivalent to 3 years for every year aged..
That seems to be the way the body breaks down as we advance in old age.
With the help of AliveByScience and along with  genetics and fitness I’m doing the best I possibly can to slow that decline down.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

NewAge; I think it was you, but someone posted that they lost 32 pounds and it was wonderful.  I tried to find the link, but I could not.  I was trying to keep a low profile while I worked on my own weight loss.  I am down 36 pounds in 13 months. It feels great.  My mother is 87 next month, she is down over 50+.  We switched to a plant based diet and NMN.   It works!  At 87 she takes just one prescription pill now.  I will have her off that soon.  I take one pill for blood pressure, soon to be off it I hope.  I pay for a nurse to check us out once a week.  No more doctors.  All natural now for us.
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

More good news.  The doctor just called.  My mother had surgery last Wednesday.  Colonoscopy.  One pullup, not cancer.  Great news.  All is well.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:03 pmAt 87 she takes just one prescription pill now.  I will have her off that soon.  

What other prescription pills has your mother been able to stop taking? (and which one is left?)
OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Without getting into too many details, she is taking one pill for being bipolar.  The other pills were heart related.  Water pills, restlest legs, high blood pressure, and a sleeping pill.  About 8 in total.  She went from 226 to 175.  She needs to lose about 20 more. I take a Lisinopril 10 mg for BP.  My BP is 120 over 70 for the last 6 months, so I am ready to quit it.  No hurry on that though.  I just want to lose a few more pounds first.  I went from 256 to 220 since last November.  I'm running 4 miles a day.  

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic