NutritionBook: "Eat Like the Animals - What Nature Teaches Us about the Science of Healthy Eating"

OzSport

Book: "Eat Like the Animals - What Nature Teaches Us about the Science of Healthy Eating"

Post by OzSport »

I was at my local big box shop the other day, and I saw this book on the shelf...I saw that there was a recommendation by Dr. David Sinclair on it and so I got myself a copy, haha!  'Haven't started it yet, but just thought I'd mention it here given Dr. Sinclair's recommendation!

Here is the publisher's blurb about the book (including Dr. Sinclair's recommendation):
https://www.harpercollins.com.au/978146 ... e-animals/

Here is some general information about the authors, who are both professors at the University of Sydney:
https://www.sydney.edu.au/engage/events ... imals.html

RobSmith

Re: Book: "Eat Like the Animals - What Nature Teaches Us about the Science of Healthy Eating"

Post by RobSmith »

Thanks for this OzSport - looks interesting and I'll be buying a copy with my next Amazon order!
Newage

Re: Book: "Eat Like the Animals - What Nature Teaches Us about the Science of Healthy Eating"

Post by Newage »

Looks like a good read OzSport and thanks for the reference.
Unlike other animals, as humans we have lost the ability to know what to eat and what not to eat if we were in a foraging situation in the wild..Unless it has a label on it and it is from the Supermarket the average individual pretty well has no idea. Quite sad really.  🤔
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

You are right, that sense of knowing has been lost now for at least a 100 years. 95% of people out there dont even know how to grow their own food. I think everyone in their lifetime should grow a garden. There's something to it that taste really good when you had a hand in growing it yourself. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic