NutritionGanoderma lucidum, reishi, lingzhi

NewLifeScience

Ganoderma lucidum, reishi, lingzhi

Post by NewLifeScience »

A long time ago i ordered some reishi, then forgot about it. It is the powdered form of the mushroom ganoderma lucidim.

It seems it offers a host of benefits but there are some i will list here:

- it is generally considered to offer anti-aging benefits
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5758346/

- it is an excellent source of beta-glucans
  among many benefits, it helps one maintain gut health and a proper gut biome.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17895634/

- it has triterpenoids
 helps fight cancer, viruses, tumors.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3271404/

- it can fight cholesterol and high blood pressure
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29519314/

So, in short, a lot of benefit from adding to my coffee and tea on a daily basis.

CeeJayBee

Re: Ganoderma lucidum, reishi, lingzhi

Post by CeeJayBee »

I am a bit of a mycelium nerd.

I know that Traditional Chinese medicine has a mixed reputation in the west, but some of the  mushrooms have a great reputation for health, healing, improved brain function and longevity.

Reishi is pretty much the top of the heap for health and it's many benefits.

Shiitake is up there as well.

Lions Mane is strongly recommended for improving brain function.

I am actually planning to order some Lion's Mane for my aunt, who is just beginning to lose her memory.

Here is a general source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... _and_fungi
Newage

Post by Newage »

Great advice CeeJayBee.
The benefits of consuming fungi are very much underrated. When I was coaching my whole squad were on my advice taking Cordyceps for endurance and enhanced lung function.
Our podium results spoke for themselves...
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Newage wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:56 am Great advice CeeJayBee.
The benefits of consuming fungi are very much underrated. When I was coaching my whole squad were on my advice taking Cordyceps for endurance and enhanced lung function.

The mushroom groups (Shiitake, Reishi, Lion's Mane) and a few others would likely do well in future ABS products. They work very well and also have a great reputation.
Newage

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:55 pm
Newage wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:56 am Great advice CeeJayBee.

The mushroom groups (Shiitake, Reishi, Lion's Mane) and a few others would likely do well in future ABS products. They work very well and also have a great reputation.

A great suggestion jessicaP.
How about it ABS?  It would be a great compliment to the rest of your terrific range of longevity supplements..
A combination of all the better fungi including Cordyceps in a Liposomal delivery gel.
That would be brilliant...🤔

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

There are some pretty amazing mushrooms out there.

Even some psychedelics that show great promise for depression.

Obviously that is out of bounds for ABS products. But the good things is there is a lot of research aimed at many of these mushrooms.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I love mushrooms and take a powdered mix of several everyday with coffee. For all the reasons listed above. :D

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Because i am a bit lazy at night and don't feel like having oatmeal at night with no sugar, i have instead been taking some Reishi (ganoderma) powder and making a teak to drink each day for a month.

My stomach has changed somewhat, I feel 'full' more often, and have continued to lose a few more pounds on top of the weight i have lost on the treadmill.

I suspect the beta-glucan has been great for my gut and has contributed to weight loss.

I think i will try to use this 'tea' a full month every 6 months.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm Because i am a bit lazy at night and don't feel like having oatmeal at night with no sugar, i have instead been taking some Reishi (ganoderma) powder and making a teak to drink each day for a month.

My stomach has changed somewhat, I feel 'full' more often, and have continued to lose a few more pounds on top of the weight i have lost on the treadmill.

I suspect the beta-glucan has been great for my gut and has contributed to weight loss.

I think i will try to use this 'tea' a full month every 6 months.

I was just asking you about this in the oatmeal thread. This is exactly what i suspected beta-glucan can do.

Very good stuff.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Yes, this is likely the preferred route to fix your gut biome, quickly and without calories.

There are a lot of benefits to having the right bacteria in our gut and it is MUCH HARDER to achieve than just by taking probiotics.

Not to mention the many benefits offered by Ganoderma lucidum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic