NutritionGanoderma lucidum, reishi, lingzhi

canadahealthy

Re: Ganoderma lucidum, reishi, lingzhi

Post by canadahealthy »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 pm I do like what Reishi does. I think i will order some powder for tea.

I just got my Reishi powder. I put 1/3 of a teaspoonful in a glass of water and microwaved it for 90 seconds. It has a fine flavour... almost like raw cocoa. I think i will take 1/2 cup of this 3 - 4 time per week for a month... see what it feels like.

I am interested in the potential for my gut biome. I am confident my current 'culture' is in  need of a regime change. Looking forward to seeing what transpires.

Newage

Post by Newage »

canadahealthy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:50 pm
canadahealthy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 pm I do like what Reishi does. I think i will order some powder for tea.

I just got my Reishi powder. I put 1/3 of a teaspoonful in a glass of water and microwaved it for 90 seconds. It has a fine flavour... almost like raw cocoa. I think i will take 1/2 cup of this 3 - 4 time per week for a month... see what it feels like.

I am interested in the potential for my gut biome. I am confident my current 'culture' is in  need of a regime change. Looking forward to seeing what transpires.

What Brand, who from and how much
canadahealthy?
It is quite an expensive powder to buy in Australia.. Looking for alternative purchase availability. Also what was the country of origin  of your powder ?
Cheers.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Here's the brand Ive been using,...."OM mushroom superfood"
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:56 am Here's the brand Ive been using,...."OM mushroom superfood"

Thanks Drkris69.
I will check it out.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Newage wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:46 am
canadahealthy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:50 pm

What Brand, who from and how much
canadahealthy?
It is quite an expensive powder to buy in Australia.. Looking for alternative purchase availability. Also what was the country of origin  of your powder ?
Cheers.

Sorry for the delay. Yes mine didn't come too cheap. But as i am only intending to use it for the short term, to fix things in my intestines.

it is called "Reishi Mushroom Extract Powder by Real Mushrooms" and was $47 Canadian for 45 grams, so about $1 per serving.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Hey Canadahealthy I wonder if Reishi would help with Ulcerative colitis? Im always looking for new remedies.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:27 pm Hey Canadahealthy I wonder if Reishi would help with Ulcerative colitis? Im always looking for new remedies.

I know some chronic gastrointestinal patients are seeing results with fecal transplants.

This is essentially a gut biome transplant.

I would honestly try a small tea made with Reshi 5 days per week for 5 weeks. No sugar.
And also perhaps have oatmeal with no sugar every day for a month.

From what I understand, it is all about the beta-glucans, but that sugar is beneficial to the wrong type of bacteria.

Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am
drkris69 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:27 pm Hey Canadahealthy I wonder if Reishi would help with Ulcerative colitis? Im always looking for new remedies.

I know some chronic gastrointestinal patients are seeing results with fecal transplants.

This is essentially a gut biome transplant.

I would honestly try a small tea made with Reshi 5 days per week for 5 weeks. No sugar.
And also perhaps have oatmeal with no sugar every day for a month.

From what I understand, it is all about the beta-glucans, but that sugar is beneficial to the wrong type of bacteria.

Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov
  •  
  •  
  •  
. 2014;8(2):104-17.
 doi: 10.2174/1872213x08666140619110657.Suppression of inflammatory and allergic responses by pharmacologically potent fungus Ganoderma lucidumNeha BhardwajPriya KatyalAnil K Sharma 1
Affiliations expand AbstractAcute inflammation is the result of a complex signal transduction pathway that protects and heals our body and is necessary for our good health and normal wellbeing. Whereas, chronic inflammation can be correlated well with the onset of a plethora of autoimmune disorders; rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus and polymyalgia, rheumatic and other diseases like asthma, inflammatory bowel diseases, cardiovascular disorders, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Also, it has been reported to be associated with the onset of various cancers. An effective anti-inflammatory drug should be able to inhibit the development of chronic inflammation without interfering in normal homeostasis. A number of herbal drugs have been identified in the past that can target inflammatory cytokines. Among these, Ganoderma lucidum: a powerful medicinal mushroom has been found to possess immune-modulating and immune-potentiating capabilities and has been characterized as a wonder herb. This review mainly focuses on the molecular mechanism of anti-inflammatory and antiallergic action of this mushroom and also sheds light on various patent studies related to its pharmacological action.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Okay thanks Canada and DrDavid. Im taking a mixture of several mushrooms now 5 days on 2 days 0ff. Ive noticed a change so far and plan to stay on for awhile. I usually have 1 to 2 flare-ups per year so lets see if this helps.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I m pretty sure i have fixed a long standing issue with my stomach - a sensitivity to milk products with the Reishi mushroom tea.

It took about 6 weeks.

I will keep having the tea 3-4 times per week for a while, then 2-3 times.

There will definitely be far less inflammation should this be the case and it will be nice to have milk again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic