NutritionHyaluronic Acid ... any value for aging

jessicaP

Hyaluronic Acid ... any value for aging

Post by jessicaP »

I thing i have done my home work for this supplement and it seems to help our bodies retain moisture on a temporary, day-to-day basis.

Does it have any anti-aging value? I don't see anything in the literature?

Are there any risks?

I am thinking of recommending it to a friend with bad knees while she waits for surgery. There seems to be some research to bacj up that it can help with joints. I am just wondering what folks around here think..

Boxcost

Re: Hyaluronic Acid ... any value for aging

Post by Boxcost »

jessicaP wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:31 pm I thing i have done my home work for this supplement and it seems to help our bodies retain moisture on a temporary, day-to-day basis.

Does it have any anti-aging value? I don't see anything in the literature?

Are there any risks?

I am thinking of recommending it to a friend with bad knees while she waits for surgery. There seems to be some research to bacj up that it can help with joints. I am just wondering what folks around here think..

I too have been looking into this supplement. Have not decided as yet but leaning towards yes.  Taking my time as I am already supplementing with hydrolyzed collagen (on top of everything else I am doing) and feel it has greatly helped with my joints. Niggles in my knee and shoulder are pretty much gone after 6-9 months of hydrolyzed collagen use.

This youtube is a good overview on the science it covers some of the safety aspects as well, does look good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTLHaCh2go

It appears our ability to retain moisture or produce / retain hyaluronic acid declines with ages, so this does look to have anti-aging value.

A friend of mine a while ago has had a left knee reconstruction surgery, 18months ago recommended for another surgery for right keen now due to pain, mobility issues, etc. Instead of surgery they have been on a journey with focused optimal diet, fasting, exercise, then supplements about a year ago like NMN, Reveratrol, Curcumin all helped. When they added Hydrolyzed Collagen about 9 months ago it helped a lot more, then added Fisetin about 3 months ago and that seemed to pretty much get rid of most pain / discomfort in the right knee. The surgery it now appears is no longer required i.e they just finished a week of skiing and trekking in the mountains and feel great!

Newage

Post by Newage »

“We are what we eat”
Truer words never spoken..🤔
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Well a lot of people agreeing on the joint improvement with HA and Collagen.

Good to here!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Yes, HA, Collagen along with anti-inflammatories must be able to do a lot.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Hi all, new release from Dr Rhonda Patrick on Hydrolized Collagen and also includes mention of Hyaluronic Acid.

See:
https://www.foundmyfitness.com/topics/collagen/

I have decided to buy Hyaluronic Acid supplements, will start with low dose of 60mg 5-6 days a week to take at night. My thinking is that as it helps retain water in the body, night time might provide an additional benefit for me with less sleep disruption needing to release excess water :)

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I don't think there are any anti-aging properties to HA.

But if you are older and have sore joints... or if you want to make your skin more youthful looking on a short term basis, it helps.
TomSantiago

Post by TomSantiago »

I now use tonic hyaluronic acid with daily supplements of collagen and biotin to enhance the added beauty benefits. Now I am constantly adding this to my strict anti-aging regimen, which I have been following for almost 20 years. I'm almost 40, and most people think I'm over thirty, no more than twenty. I also use inexpensive high-quality anti-aging serums and face creams daily at night. I do sports every day (walking or yoga). 
People need to understand that rejuvenation and beauty are internal and external preventive processes. You can't expect any cream or pill to be a magic antidote. Hyaluronic acid is an incredible supplement that I would like to start many years ago. When I added this supplement, I noticed that my lips look younger and fuller, and my eyelashes are long, thick and just beautiful.
TomSantiago

Post by TomSantiago »

Hyaluronic Acid is great stuff! Been using it daily as a post-shave balm with excellent results. My Bride also uses it daily as a moisturizer - also with great results.
My old ortho said they were worthless. However, the new surgeon says about 50% of his patients get some relief. So, Two weeks now taking the double dosage of Jarrow Hyaluronic Acid Complex. I take quite a few of their products. Now I starting regular dosage. Already noticed that my skin is better hydrated....face, forearms and calf. 
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic