LongevityTelomeres; let's make a master list

nmnray

Re: Telomeres; let's make a master list

Post by nmnray »

Has anyone checked to see the cost of the Telomere therapy from BioViva? 

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I haven't heard of them until now.

But this list is very affordable and studies have shown them to work. I had a quick peak at a BioViva site. They seem to offer a DNA again kit. I am not sure how accurate these tests are. I think that some forum members may have had similar tests done.

What might interest me is a way to address bioavailability for these substances, like SL or Liposomal.

nmnray

Post by nmnray »

I think you missed it. It's the Telomere gene edit. A one-time procedure.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

nmnray wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 pm I think you missed it. It's the Telomere gene edit. A one-time procedure.

Whoa! I'll wait for the first 10,000 trials.

But imagine that.
rhett

Post by rhett »

It seems that NAD+ supplementation does help prevent the runaway feedback loop of bad things that short telomeres cause. Usually short telomeres cause lack of nad+ and lack of nad+ then shortens the telomeres even more. But supplementation short circuits that process and allows the telomeres to function as if they were younger/longer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32935380/
Re-equilibration of imbalanced NAD metabolism ameliorates the impact of telomere dysfunction
nmnray

Post by nmnray »

canadahealthy wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:47 pm
nmnray wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 pm I think you missed it. It's the Telomere gene edit. A one-time procedure.

Whoa! I'll wait for the first 10,000 trials.

But imagine that.

yeah, kind of scary.
nmnray

Post by nmnray »

rhett wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:11 pm It seems that NAD+ supplementation does help prevent the runaway feedback loop of bad things that short telomeres cause. Usually short telomeres cause lack of nad+ and lack of nad+ then shortens the telomeres even more. But supplementation short circuits that process and allows the telomeres to function as if they were younger/longer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32935380/
Re-equilibration of imbalanced NAD metabolism ameliorates the impact of telomere dysfunction
Not sure how much good it does for short Telomers. NAD+ doesn't enable short Telomeres to once again fold over and activate genes. They need to be lengthened for that to happen.
rhett

Post by rhett »

From what i understand it may not lengthen telomeres directly, but it prevents many of the problems that having short telomeres cause. And because of that, nad prevents the downward spiral where short telomeres cause damage which shortens them even more. 
nmnray

Post by nmnray »

rhett wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:43 pm From what i understand it may not lengthen telomeres directly, but it prevents many of the problems that having short telomeres cause. And because of that, nad prevents the downward spiral where short telomeres cause damage which shortens them even more. 

That would be good for sure.
Newage

Post by Newage »

A lot of guess work at this stage but hopefully we all benefit from the outcome..
No sickness to speak about with me for over 12 months now thanks to AliveByScience and their products.
Just on 70 years old so I’m pretty happy about that.. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic