LongevityArticle: "Japanese doctor who lived to 105—his spartan diet, views on retirement, and other rare longevity tips"

OzSport

Article: "Japanese doctor who lived to 105—his spartan diet, views on retirement, and other rare longevity tips"

Post by OzSport »

Check out this interesting article with some longevity tips from a Japanese doctor who was a centenarian:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/26/jap ... -tips.html

NewLifeScience

Re: Article: "Japanese doctor who lived to 105—his spartan diet, views on retirement, and other rare longevity tips"

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think half the battle is living in Japan.. eating their food.

There is also something to be said for having meaningful activity everyday. If you accomplish anything, you feel like you are making progress and that is essentially what makes one feel like life is worthwhile.

OzSport

Re: Article: "Japanese doctor who lived to 105—his spartan diet, views on retirement, and other rare longevity tips"

Post by OzSport »

NewLifeScience wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:58 am I think half the battle is living in Japan.. eating their food.

There is also something to be said for having meaningful activity everyday. If you accomplish anything, you feel like you are making progress and that is essentially what makes one feel like life is worthwhile.

Well said, NewLifeScience!  :D
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Coincidentally, I came across this article today about Japanese longevity, and there is a cool Venn diagram in it about "Ikigai" - the Japanese concept for "A Reason for Being":

https://elemental.medium.com/the-3-secr ... 58f50145c5

The article also talks about the importance of a balanced diet and a relationship with nature, both of which I had read about before, but this was the first time I had seen that Venn diagram which I thought was pretty neat!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic