NAD+NAD+ Powder Bioavailability

NYhealth

NAD+ Powder Bioavailability

Post by NYhealth »

Hello everyone,

Happy to be here.  So much great knowledge being shared!

I just took delivery of the PURE NAD+ Powder and am excited to start using it.  I have 2 questions regarding this product that I could not seem to find answers to in a search:

1- How Bioavailable is this product, if 1 serving is 250 mg of NAD+ approximately how much gets absorbed sublingually?
2- How long are you supposed to keep it under your tongue?

As soon as I put it under my tongue my salivary glands go into hyperproduction of saliva!   It's only a (short) matter of time before it can no longer stay under the tongue and I find myself swishing it around my mouth before I eventually swallow it. 

Full disclosure- I'm a 49-year-old male, 6' 2" and 212 lbs who's moderately active, goes to the gym 3x to 4x a week with my 2 sons, we focus on weight training. I am also on bio-identical HRT, both HGH and testosterone cypionate, and about 2x a week exercise intermittent fasting.

My Achilles heel is socializing and dining at restaurants (now that we're opened back up in NY), I'm hoping the NAD+ will help me to get rid of the brain fog I experience after a weekend of dining out.  I've just pre-ordered the nasal spray too as it seems that may help more with cognition. 

Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to sharing my results and progress as time goes by.

Last edited by NYhealth on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

jocko6889

Re: NAD+ Powder Bioavailability

Post by jocko6889 »

NYhealth wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:39 pm Hello everyone,

I just took delivery of the PURE NAD+ Powder and am excited to start using it.  I have 2 questions regarding this product that I could not seem to find answers to in a search:

1- How Bioavailable is this product, if 1 serving is 250 mg of NAD+ approximately how much gets absorbed sublingually?

As soon as I put it under my tongue my salivary glands go into hyperproduction of saliva!   It's only a (short) matter of time before it can no longer stay under the tongue and I find myself swishing it around my mouth before I eventually swallow it. 

Full disclosure- I'm a 49-year-old male, 6' 2" and 212 lbs who's moderately active, goes to the gym 3x to 4x a week with my 2 sons, we focus on weight training.  I am also on bio-identical HRT, both HGH and testosterone cypionate, and about 2x a week exercise intermittent fasting.

My Achilles heel is socializing and dining at restaurants (now that we're opened back up in NY), I'm hoping the NAD+ will help me to get rid of the brain fog I experience after a weekend of dining out.  I've just pre-ordered the nasal spray too as it seems that may help more with cognition. 

Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to sharing my results and progress as time goes by.

Not all the NAD+ will get absorbed sublingually and it's normal for some to leak out and get swallowed.  That's okay and you'll still get a pretty fair amount to the tissues as NAD+ as it is very stable in the bloodstream.  Keep it under the tongue until all the powder is gone.  As for helping with brain fog it really depends on the cause.  You're only 49, so I would doubt it's due to premature dementia and dementia would be an area that NAD+ would definitely help, as it can assist in angiogenesis or the regrowth of capillaries in the brain and other areas of the body that tend to shrink and decline as we age.  You may feel benefits to overall energy levels as your NAD+ levels are restored, including better cognition and more cardio endurance.  Hope this helps.

NYhealth

Post by NYhealth »

jocko6889 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:33 pm That's okay and you'll still get a pretty fair amount to the tissues as NAD+ as it is very stable in the bloodstream.  Keep it under the tongue until all the powder is gone.

Thank you for your answer jocko6889, I've read a lot of yours and others posts in here already too all of which very informative. 

Even at 49, I've noticed in the last 2 years that my mental sharpness and memory are defiantly not close to what they once used to be.  My mind used to be a lot faster and memory was a lot stronger and I want to get that edge back.

My goal is to replicate the IV drip sublingually.

The PURE NAD powder is literally gone (dissolved) within 2 to 5 seconds... how long is it recommended to keep under your tongue / in your mouth after it is dissolved in order to absorb the max amount into your bloodstream before you swallow it?

Then once you finally do swallow it approximately how much of the 250 mg serving (what percentage) makes it into the bloodstream?

Thank you and Happy Halloween! 👻 🎃

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

What you might want to do is take smaller amounts a few times a day.

I take the sublingual tablets, 2 at a time twice a day and i do notice the effects.

I did use the spray. It has to be the most economic as i could use it several times a day and have it last up to 2 months, but i prefer the tablets.

As a matter of fact, i am likely going to transition to daily NMN only and let the NAD+ get generated in my tissues.

Newage

Post by Newage »

From my personal experience there seems to be more benefit in taking a combination of both NMN and NAD+ daily in the various AliveByScience forms.
I hold under the tongue for as long as possible then swoosh around my mouth for a minimum of 10 minutes in total before swallowing..
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Full disclosure- I'm a 49-year-old male, 6' 2" and 212 lbs who's moderately active, goes to the gym 3x to 4x a week with my 2 sons, we focus on weight training.  I am also on bio-identical HRT, both HGH and testosterone cypionate, and about 2x a week exercise intermittent fasting.

This isn't my business, but are you taking HRT and HGH for medical reasons, or as part of a fitness regimen?

It sounds a bit extreme, and I always had a sense there was a risk with those therapies.
NYhealth

Post by NYhealth »

smokinjoe wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:31 pm

This isn't my business, but are you taking HRT and HGH for medical reasons, or as part of a fitness regimen?

It sounds a bit extreme, and I always had a sense there was a risk with those therapies.

I left the door open and should have provided more info...  You are correct, most people take it as part of a fitness regimen, mine is for medical reasons.  I am prescribed enough to put me in the middle of the average range for someone my age.  I was put on HRT before it became prevalent when I was 32 years old after a calamity of health events occurred.

NYhealth

Post by NYhealth »

Newage wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:56 pm From my personal experience there seems to be more benefit in taking a combination of both NMN and NAD+ daily in the various AliveByScience forms.
I hold under the tongue for as long as possible then swoosh around my mouth for a minimum of 10 minutes in total before swallowing..

Thank you Newage... I just pre-ordered the nasal spray and also going to order the NMN powder.  
Newage

Post by Newage »

Good luck on your wellness journey  NYhealth. The ABS Nasal Spray seems to be the direct route for NAD+ absorption and a good compliment to the NMN Sublingual Powder or Tablets.
My daily regimen is made up with the above and also includes a mix of the Renue Lotions and Creams..
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes NyHealth please keep us informed how you feel after the first month of being on ABS products. I know you will be impressed! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic