Renue NAD+ Skin CareFlushing (or other side effects) with Renue?

Mudanz

Flushing (or other side effects) with Renue?

Post by Mudanz »

I recently received the Renue face serum, day cream, and transdermal lotion. I have had some weird side effects, and can't tell if this is just flushing, or some sort of allergic reaction. About 4-6 hours after applying, my skin becomes red and feels tingly. The side effects even wake me up at night because it is uncomfortable. I have only heard amazing things about these serums/lotions, but has anyone else have side affects with these products?

AlbertY

Re: Flushing (or other side effects) with Renue?

Post by AlbertY »

Hi, flushing is a well-known side-effect of taking high dose of NAD precursor.

It's harmless as long as it is due to NAD, instead of other ingredients in the product. It appears as a flush of red on the skin, which may be accompanied by an itching or burning sensation. Symptoms typically go away after an hour. People usually develop a tolerance to the supplements over time.

But still, be careful just in case it is due to other things.

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

This reminds me when i took a niacin supplement. Someone had them and i wanted to try 500mg.

They neglected to tell me that you can get the "niacin flush", where your skin gets red and tingly and even blotchy. I was worried it was an allergic reaction to i called a telehealth line (this was 20 years ago). The nurse knew immediately it was Niacin and had a chuckle and put my mind at rest.

Since Nicotine is a form of Niacin, it sort of explains why cigarette smoking can be hard to quit. We have niacin or nicotinic acid receptors all through our body. So smoking kind of "lights us up".

Now I am taking the best form NMN and am glad it get to more and more part of our body as ABS continues to offer more bioavailable forms.

You may want to consider the Liposomal version. It is yet another highly bioavailable way to get the most NMN into your tissues.
ora

Post by ora »

Mudanz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 am I recently received the Renue face serum, day cream, and transdermal lotion. I have had some weird side effects, and can't tell if this is just flushing, or some sort of allergic reaction. About 4-6 hours after applying, my skin becomes red and feels tingly. The side effects even wake me up at night because it is uncomfortable. I have only heard amazing things about these serums/lotions, but has anyone else have side affects with these products?

Not sure if this is related, but niacinamide which I guess is a form of vitamin b3 like nmn also causes flushing if used topically together with acidic facial products like vitamin c serums. So maybe your using some face products that are acidic?

Personally I used the powder mixed with some moisturizers and it gave me bad breakouts so I had to stop. Normal niacinamide also seems to break me out so nmn and niacinamide may behave similarly on the skin.
guy

Post by guy »

my experience with renue NAD cream and to some extent the renue day cream

i apply the cream, about 5 mins later my face is starting to feel warmish, then there is a perceptible sweat on my skin, no flushing. 

the face continues to feel warm in a good way, if you live in air conditioning set to 18 degrees you probably won't notice it, oif you live somewhere hot you'll notice your face break into a light sweat fairly quickly. 

the NAD/ NMN/ NR creams seem to condition the skin, for some crazy reason about three to four years ago i started getting these weird spots/ rash on my scalp, anti biotics would clear the spots up , then as soon as they went and the anti biotics disappeared from my system the spots would be back.

i decided to shave my head and then apply the cream to see what would happen , the scalp felt warm like the face, the spots had totally gone by the end of 7 days and have never returned.

i have no idea why the spots appeared (nothing would clear them) and i have no idea why the renue cream would clear them

OzSport

Post by OzSport »

We haven't experienced any side effects from using Renue thus far (have used the cream and serum), knock on wood!  No itchiness or redness, and both the cream and serum apply well on the skin.  :D
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes same here, I havent had any side effects at all.
Newage

Post by Newage »

No flushing or adverse effects for me.
But as we have all noted
“everyone is different” especially when it comes to sensitivity..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic