NMNNMN Sublingual vs. Oral

tbobb213

NMN Sublingual vs. Oral

Post by tbobb213 »

Hey guys, 

I'm new to the NMN Journey. Purchased NMN Star from amazon which is fake according to a lab result I've seen on youtube. 

I'm about to purchase either the sublingual powder or "normal" powder which I would just drink in the morning. Now my question is this:
Did anyone come across  any (anecdotal) evidence/reports from users who did both - sublingual AND oral administration? Did anyone read about someone having different effects due to differences in how NMN it is taken? 

Thanks a lot guys 
Tim

AlbertY

Re: NMN Sublingual vs. Oral

Post by AlbertY »

Hi Tim, welcome!

in short: we don't know yet, but the sublingual is more promising than oral, based on current evidence.

Full answer:
As far as I know, there is currently no human study on sublingual NMN yet. However, there is a recently study shows that oral administration of NMN suffers from bacterial metabolization. https://alivebyscience.com/bacteria-in- ... etabolome/

Although this study shows that metabolized NMN still rise the NAD in an indirect way, the magnitude is compromised compared with the group with antibiotics. Unfortunately, we cannot take antibiotics just to improve the absorption of NMN, as it does more bad than good.

Also, there is another metabolic flux study shows that the liver consumed most of the oral intake NMN, which will also compromise the delivery of NMN to other tissues.

Sublingual NMN, although understudied, does not have the problem mentioned above, as it directly goes into the bloodstream. So based on this, I believe sublingual NMN is a better option (note that the evidence is still lacking, but I'm looking forward to seeing study back sublingual NMN up in the future)

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
tbobb213

Post by tbobb213 »

Hey AlbertY,

thank you! 

And that's also what I suspect - and which is why I ordered the ABS 100g sublingual powder.

Now another question popped up: Since I have quite a lot of saliva after putting the powder under my tongue, I was wondering three things:
1) How long does the powder have to be under the tongue for it to be absorbed somewhat properly?
2) Can it be put on the teethridge as well? Since there is way less saliva, it would be even better, because it does not get "flushed down" as quick as under the tongue (due to saliva production). 
3) Is there a chemical difference to the ABS sublingual powder which makes it get "destroyed" once it reached the gut? 

Thanks a lot, guys! 
Tim 
tbobb213

Post by tbobb213 »

Are 20 or 30 seconds enough for it to be absorped sublingual? Because my saliva flushes it away too fast :/ 

And I just saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufilter ... imkSLi9fOw
Now if I want to switch to oral administration, would I need to put it in capsules in order to "protect" it or could I just drink it with water (like the mice in the studies)? 

Thanks a lot
Tim 
Newage

Post by Newage »

tbobb213 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:35 am Are 20 or 30 seconds enough for it to be absorped sublingual? Because my saliva flushes it away too fast :/ 

And I just saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?edufilter ... imkSLi9fOw
Now if I want to switch to oral administration, would I need to put it in capsules in order to "protect" it or could I just drink it with water (like the mice in the studies)? 

Thanks a lot
Tim 

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum and your NMN and NAD+ journey.
With Sublingual administration it is best to hold the supplement under the tongue or at least swishing around the mouth for at least five to ten minutes then swallow.
If you are having trouble with that, mix it in a little water and swish that around your mouth for the same amount of time somewhere from five to ten minutes then swallow.
The benefits are by way of absorption in the small capillaries under the tongue or in the mouth..
It’s easy done so give either one a go.  👍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic